FIFA 21 Campaign Mode Bug: Youth Players & News/News Conferences

by Dhirvish

Original Post

Highlighted

FIFA 21 Campaign Mode Bug: Youth Players & News/News Conferences

★★★★★ Apprentice

If you enter the 2nd season of Campaign mode, the game doesn't remember that you've played youth players in the first season. (a 'youth' player being someone you promoted to the main squad from youth camp")  It will:

-Declare during the first game of the season that your youth player is having his "Debut", even after 1) playing most of the first season as a starter; 2) they have a Crucial contract vs the other player in the same position on your team having a Rotation contract.

-Ask you questions during the news conferences about why you've benched your "starter" in that youth player's position, when that 'starter" was a sub the whole last season. (the non-youth player began season 1 as a loaned player too, they were never the starter)

-Write news stories about how there's a war between the two players, even though the first season the non-youth player was a sub/on loan.

-Start chats from the non-youth player "starter" asking for more play time.

The only other thing that could have sparked this bug chain that I can think of is: 1) I brought the non-youth player back from a loan because the youth player was on injured reserve for part of the last season.  But that was only for 2 months; or 2) Maybe there was a "excellent" condition component added into it?  The non-youth player scored a goal in a pre-season game where he was subbed in (but the youth player starter scored like 4?); the non-youth player DOES have a thumbs down for play time.  So the start of the bug chain might be from that as well.

But even if any of those 3 were the reason, there are other in-game commentary & news threads that completely disregard that you're in the 2nd season as the coach.  It's just an immersion breaking bug and it keeps popping up over and over as a thread throughout the first month of the 2nd season.  It feels like the code is just assuming every season is the first season you've played the game.  And that is kind of the opposite of "campaign" mode.  I feel like it'd be pretty easy to create a table of "1st season milestones" based on events that happened during the first season (youth player starts a game/team wins the championship/player receives the golden boot), create a trigger for those events that supercedes the usual "news"/"conference" triggers, & then feed those in as news/commentary throughout the subsequent seasons:

If Season = 2:

Starter = player position [table x] if Starter games = X;

"Starter games are defined elsewhere"

Create table Y = Starters from Season 1

Ect.  Sloppy, but you get the idea, it's a simple couple of tables that actually informs players for seasons one & two so you can have the intended affect of a campaign.  I know you already have "current"/'former" tags for players in the game based on the commentary I've seen in game for players I traded during the season, so it shouldn't be too difficult to mirror those tables as "season 1"/'season 2" tables and apply the appropriate commentary/news affects.  You just need an over arching "season 1"/'season 2" tag that precedes a the triggers for news/commentary/conferences.

Message 1 of 1 (160 Views)