FIFA 20 Defence is Horrible!

by 4livenup

Original Post

Re: FIFA 20 Defence is Horrible!

★★★ Newbie

I agree!  We're not all ELP standard players!

Message 11 of 26 (1,507 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@Wakadelic fifa is about having fun.if attack is assisted why is defending manual? beats logic
Message 12 of 26 (1,496 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@4livenup I just bought the game and I feel the same way the game is not the same, it just turned to a frustrating situation every time I play and that’s definitely not what people is looking for when console is on make the game fun again
Message 13 of 26 (1,261 Views)

★★★ Novice

I completely agree with you!

I play Fifa since 1997.

This Fifa 20 is the worst one I've ever seen.

Defenders look dumb.

The pace of any player's run looks like 20 years ago game.

Fifa20 is a game for so-called "bimbominkia" all tricks and move.

Nothing to compare with real football tactics and reality we've seen in Fifa19.

I totally dislike this game and if fifa21 will be the same I will definitely move on PES which is said to be a wonderful game in his 20's version.

Message 14 of 26 (1,146 Views)

This is a very divided topic with no clear solution. I will be marking this as solved.

But to ensure people feel that the issue has been solved, I will provide tips for defending.

1. Timing this FIFA for Stand Tackles needs to be a lot more accurate. When defending, a strong Stand Tackle will be required to be able to take the ball away.

-Pressing the Tackle at the most opportune of times will ensure a better recovery. Pressing it repeatedly when running alongside the forward -- pulling his shirt -- can also be useful to catch up to a fast attacker

2. Set your Tactics and Instructions to best fit your playstyle. For myself (and because I'm also bad at defending), I like to play drop back with 3 bars of width and 2 bars of depth in a 4-2-3-1 formation (very defensive formation) with Full-backs set to stay back while attacking and my CDM's set to cut passing lanes / stay back while attacking / cover center. Yes, it does kill my attack-based gameplay, but I am not a fast-scoring type of player anyway. I like to build up.

3. Make good use of Jockey, Pace, and Call for a Defender. These are the bread and butter before you go in for a tackle. Master these and you will be able to play a lot better defensively.

4. Lastly, get a top-tier GK. They can make a difference. My recommendation is Ter Stegen.

**I am a Volunteer for Answers HQ, I do not work for EA**

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 15 of 26 (11,147 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Yes I agree FIFA 20 is rubbish can’t defend,
Message 16 of 26 (997 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@tgbkk I will too you’re right no real football logic just tricks and moves
Message 17 of 26 (910 Views)

★★ Guide
@ms66666999 if you can't defend in fifa20 then you are not good bc the defensive AI is overpowered
Message 18 of 26 (902 Views)

★★ Guide

@4livenup I get what you're saying. I will say this again for anyone not doing this: modify the sliders (for pace etc). This makes the game much more bearable and enjoyable.

Message 19 of 26 (854 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I don't know which idiot in EA had the idea to weaken the defence. I don't want to be a fifa pro and just play for fun. The support defence player makes intentionally mistakes and has no role. It's not possible to get the ball from players who spend half of their time playing fifa. They just keep doing stupid skill move combos. I'm not buying this game to try to play real football against skill move geeks playing it just like an arcade game. I won't buy fifa again.

Message 20 of 26 (799 Views)