FIFA 20 Defence is Horrible!

by 4livenup

Original Post

Accepted Solution

FIFA 20 Defence is Horrible!

★★★ Newbie

I playing fifa all the time.

for me its fun and i dont wanna be number 1 on the world.

Just playing for fun but fifa 20 defence is so hard.

I m not fifa professor man! Just make it more easy like fifa 19

We want have fun.

This way its not funny anymore!
Please make it same as fifa 19

or too many user will stop playing fifa.

Message 1 of 26 (15,782 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: FIFA 20 Defence is Horrible!

This is a very divided topic with no clear solution. I will be marking this as solved.

But to ensure people feel that the issue has been solved, I will provide tips for defending.

1. Timing this FIFA for Stand Tackles needs to be a lot more accurate. When defending, a strong Stand Tackle will be required to be able to take the ball away.

-Pressing the Tackle at the most opportune of times will ensure a better recovery. Pressing it repeatedly when running alongside the forward -- pulling his shirt -- can also be useful to catch up to a fast attacker

2. Set your Tactics and Instructions to best fit your playstyle. For myself (and because I'm also bad at defending), I like to play drop back with 3 bars of width and 2 bars of depth in a 4-2-3-1 formation (very defensive formation) with Full-backs set to stay back while attacking and my CDM's set to cut passing lanes / stay back while attacking / cover center. Yes, it does kill my attack-based gameplay, but I am not a fast-scoring type of player anyway. I like to build up.

3. Make good use of Jockey, Pace, and Call for a Defender. These are the bread and butter before you go in for a tackle. Master these and you will be able to play a lot better defensively.

4. Lastly, get a top-tier GK. They can make a difference. My recommendation is Ter Stegen.

**I am a Volunteer for Answers HQ, I do not work for EA**

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

View in thread

Message 15 of 26 (11,145 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Novice
@4livenup Sorry but I have the opposite opinion lol
Message 2 of 26 (15,735 Views)

★ Guide

Defence is great, finally, problem is OP pace so defenders looks stupid when someone know to use that exploit. They just need to reduce pace power just a little and all will be perfect.

Message 3 of 26 (15,714 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@4livenup Just hold L2 or LB whatever console you’re on and try to get as close to the opponent as you can, the AI will eventually make the tackle for you.
Message 4 of 26 (15,705 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Sorry but no.

In fifa 19 defense required no skill. You just had to press R1 + X and the player would just run in and tackle.

Fifa 20 Defense is amazing and requires you to have skill and actually know what you're doing. 

I have more fun than ever with this defense, it challenges me and when I'm capable of cutting a ball or prevent a goal I know it was ME that did it, not the AI. 

Message 5 of 26 (15,688 Views)

★★★ Guide
@BHLazio Agree, defense in general is OK but pace should be less OP...
Message 6 of 26 (15,685 Views)

★★★ Newbie

There must an option to change style of defending.

I like to play Ultimate Team but it needs full focus.

As i said i dont wanna be master of catching balls or play super focused to grab ball.

Just want to play little bit easy as 19 and have fun.

You dont really see the no balance between attack and defence ?

Attacking players is hard to catch up!

Message 7 of 26 (15,668 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Playing with Barcelona 

1. semedo always goes in defence center keeping the left wing open 

2. Pique has a pace of 50-60 any attacker with 70 pace go pass him and scores a goal

3. Alba having pace of 92 cannot chase salla who s having pace of 86

what s Wrong  with Fifa 20 defence 

Message 8 of 26 (15,613 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@BHLazio Pacey players are not the problem. I like the pace. The problem is that I cannot intercept a through ball, no matter how hard I try. But pace is fine.

Message 9 of 26 (15,600 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I tinking the same some players just kick the ball at front and there is there st al alone in front of goal just dont get this * is like your defenders are blind

Message 10 of 26 (15,131 Views)