FIFA 20 Career Mode

by scDoop

Original Post

FIFA 20 Career Mode

★★★ Novice

Saw some info on the updates to FIFA 20 Career Mode and I like what I see.  I have a few questions though that have been with the FIFA franchise for a while now...

1.  Why is there not CONCACAF Champions league in career mode play for MLS teams?

2.  Why is there no FIFA World Cup qualifying if you manage the INTL team for Canada and the USA?

3.  Why in career mode can a manager not move to any job as opposed to the ones that are just offered?

1A.  I'm a MLS and Philly Union fan and I've been playing FIFA since the series first started and I play mostly in career mode.  If I win the MLS shield, there is no champions league for me to play even though it does exist now. 

2A.  I often manage Canada or the USA in INTL but all we play are friendlies, Confed cup and/or COPA america.  Why is there not concacf qualifying, which there was before? 

3A.  My preference in managing is taking a team that has talent but not results and building them up.   I would like to move from team to team doing this however once you start winning, your only other options are the big clubs.  I took Southampton to the PL title several years in a row but I can only then move to Barcelona, Man City etc...instead of grabbing Everton or moving leagues to Leverkusen etc...

Would love to see this tweaked in the game, if possible

Message 1 of 20 (13,852 Views)

Re: FIFA 20 Career Mode

Community Manager
@scDoop Thanks for the feedback, I'll see that it gets to the right teams.
EACade
Message 2 of 20 (13,826 Views)

★★★ Novice

@EA_Cade Will the right team give any type of response or is this it?  

Message 3 of 20 (13,818 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I had made a topic that has since disappeared that I think that more information should be included when scouting such as games played goals scored and passing accuracy (this will help with the new dynamic potential).

i also mentioned that transfers need a re think in the sense that playing as a club Not in europa or champions league you should not really be able to sign plays 85+ depending on their age. Why would Sterling even think of signing for Everton or Leicester, but with some player sales you can afford him and sign him no problem. 

Message 4 of 20 (13,761 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @iduno if your post was in relation to the FIFA 20 beta then it could be a case that you post was moved to the beta forums.

We would ask that any feedback for the beta be posted to the beta forums.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 5 of 20 (13,741 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I don’t think I have access to those. I didn’t get the beta. Thanks for getting back to me though.

Message 6 of 20 (13,730 Views)

Community Manager

Glad to be of help @iduno.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 7 of 20 (13,673 Views)

★ Guide
@scDoop The team don't really care about national teams. There can't be a CONCAF champions league because there aren't enough leagues from that area. It's the same with the asian leagues although I think they added one last year, I'm not so sure. But in Asia there are 5 leagues compared to just two in CONCAF, so they have enough.
Message 8 of 20 (13,624 Views)

★★★ Novice

@mspencer936  it just doesn't make too much sense.  Obviously the game is European centric and for obvious reasons.  I'm based on the US but even I don't typically play with MLS teams (big MLS supporter but still prefer English/German football leagues) but I would if it was more in line to what MLS can offer.  The open cup is a little lame because its only MLS teams and no champions league with at least Liga MX?  I would spend more time within the MLS if there was a champions league competition with Liga MX.  I guess I'm looking for the most authentic representation of not just the game play, but also of the pro scene as well.  

To be clear, this won't stop me from playing and hasn't stopped me from playing.  I'm a big fan of the game but if another developer came out with a similar style but was able to add these other components, I would be checking that out for sure.

Message 9 of 20 (13,619 Views)

★ Guide
@scDoop I catch what you're saying. It's a shame EA don't see the point in doing a lot of things. If they really wanted to they'd add a couple extra teams from Central America to the rest of world section and make a CONCACAF Champions League but I just don't think they see the point. It's not like PES have those licenses (at least I don't think they do)
Message 10 of 20 (13,607 Views)