Re: FIFA 19 - Fix Passing and Shooting

by andrewrov2109_it

Original Post

FIFA 19 - Fix Passing and Shooting

★★★★★ Apprentice

Hi everyone.
Problems with passing:
1- Direction of a pass does not mean anything, many times I'll try to pass to a player and the game decide to pass it to someone else, sometimes even someone not even close to the one in the direction given https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWtayHoKhwM
2- Power of a pass does not mean anything, many times I lost some clear goal occasions just because a full power driven pass went just 1 meter in front of the player and not even with that kind of speed...

Problem with shooting:
- Driven shots are now pretty useless, I'm not asking to have those op shots of FIFA 18 but at least something balanced to use when a driven shot is the only right move to take...
For example: you're coming from the right wing of the field with a player right footed, if you are 1v1 with the GK the best option is a driven shot, in that case a finesse shot is an option just if the player is left footed, a power shot could be used but you need to aim to the second post and a timed finish can't be used all the time.
Driven shots most of the times are powerless (even charging at full the bar) or kicked to the wrong direction

Message 1 of 21 (12,060 Views)

★ Novice

It doesn't feel like I'm passing or shooting it feels random and frustrating.

Message 2 of 21 (11,993 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Up, still waiting for some kind of support....

Message 3 of 21 (11,974 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

2 weeks with no answer... Please EA do your job at least this time

Message 4 of 21 (11,874 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

3 weeks.. Please EA at least some feedback

Message 5 of 21 (11,832 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

This is is absolutely true. Seems like all that matters is the reuslt from an intention calculation -your vs opponent's- based on direction and available recieving player. You have always have to improvise over the run because of this pass mechanic that kind of locks on players. Pass are arriving to perfect points for that player and defense backs are poorly covered. This has been since a long time but from Fifa 18 this effect has increased delegating a lot of decisions to the game. 

Timing and direction battles are almost everything. In the end, the game makes football for you. It is a shame that having so many great movements everything gets so frustrating by this dynamic resulting in undefendable plays and poor control. 

Message 6 of 21 (11,816 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Almost 4 weeks without answers... I don't want to be rude but I don't think that this is a good way to work and help people with problems of the game

Message 7 of 21 (11,756 Views)

★★ Novice

I’ve had this issue to. Ea chat advised to go to Customise section in the game and delete some files...that did not work. Then they thobbed me ok saying they had sent me another email with steps but never did and just kept saying don’t worry..... strange customer service. I have now deleted the game and re-installing. 

Message 8 of 21 (11,643 Views)

★ Guide

my advise, do not bother with this garbage game, they will not be able to fix anything, idea of this fifa is to shoot long finesse shots, AI defending is the biggest problem in this game, it is like basketball with this timed shooting which one is completely mad thing to ad to football game, you can not open a defence, if you do so, ai intercepts the ball, or blocks it, what a fun, i have sold my squad already, and will not touch this garbage until they make people actually to defend, i am tired to run in the wall where ai dominates, this game is a joke, and soon it will be deaed, last patch on pc made things even worse, now only possibility to score is long finesse shot(timed), near post corner kick, free kick, and if you get lucky, than some deflection in the gk box, that is it, this franchise dies!

Message 9 of 21 (11,573 Views)

★★ Novice

The isssue guys is Assisted passing setting in game mode, make sure it’s on assisted and passing and it will work - make sure most other option are on assisted other than crossing leave that on semi. Hope this helps so simple but drove me nuts for 2weeks 

Message 10 of 21 (11,551 Views)