Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

FIFA 19 CAREER MODE SUGGESTIONS

by jjjcccppp

Original Post

Re: FIFA 19 CAREER MODE SUGGESTIONS

★★★★ Novice

Hey! I´m exposing some new ideas to upgrade career mode to a next level. I wish you could send it to your management team and add as many features as you like.

First of all, I want to divide my suggestions in two groups; interaction and contents.

1. Interaction (cinematics):

-Press: The actual press is quite basic. Frostbite allows you to introduce a real press conference with realistic questions that may affect the morale or confidence of players depending on your statements.

-Coach: You should be able to meet with different clubs to discuss the length of contract, wage, objectives of the club…etc.

-Clubs: You should be asked and tested about some of your squad players and youth players (some big clubs might be interested in players from the youth academy if they have potential)

-International offers: If there is any vacancy or your performance has been outstanding, an agent from the country should go to your office to discuss your contract as the new coach of an international team.( players who want to go will meet you in your office)

-Scouts: they would give you more details about skills, flaws, injuries potential…etc , specific facts about young players, and some pieces of advice and recommendations about the interest of other teams or whether sign the player/s or not.

-President: Meetings with the president to discuss about new objectives during the year, how things are going, recommendations to sign new players, sponsorships…

-Secretary: There should be a person who is the second coach/secretary that may offer some players, opportunities, the state of injured players, financial state of the club, fans opinion…etc

1. New Contents :

-Free Agents: Most of the players that are signed come free and don´t renew their respective contracts. This type of signings are more evident in lower-level leagues such as ( ligue 2, EFL championship, liga123…). In fifa 19, you should be allowed to sign easily players rather than paying for every player (some players may not want to continue in the team the following year and go for free if you cannot sell the in January).

-Players value: If a championship team is promoted, that means their players have been great so they deserve and upgrade and be revalued, apart from the increase from the overall due to the training sessions or age as well. If a player has played very bad or has been out of form, his overall should be decreased. If his team is relegated, his overall should be influenced.

- Training sessions: You should be able to play training matches between starters and substitutes or the young squad and upgrade your players depending on the performance on those matches, as well as keeping the old training exercises.

You should be able to create your own corner tactics and plays as if we were in FIFA 12 that you could customise your corner plays.

-Young squad: More details and recommendations from scouts about the young players. Other clubs such as Real Madrid, Bayern, Arsenal…etc trying to sign exciting prospects with potential from your young squad.

Realistic potential and progression( a lot of young players reach 90´s easily).

Sublevels when searching players to look for more specific players( attacker- big, skilful, good finishing…)

-Transfer market: Realism when teams are relegated( good players leave the team) or promoted (they sign a lot of new players). Free agents, more money given when you are promoted

----Beginning of career mode

• Sponsorship, fans opinion, contests, ticket prices (manage the different sources of money).
  • Total customisation of your manager( face, body, suits , complements)
  • Customisation of generic stadiums to create the perfect stadium for your club (if the club doesn´t have its stadium in FIFA)
  • Create your own summer tournaments and being able to send an invitation to a club in order to play a friendly during the summer.
Message 11 of 31 (891 Views)

★★★★ Novice

CAREER MODE IMPROVEMENTS
There's so many small things ea can do to improve career mode A LOT!
Transfers:
- More realistic transfers... First of all, would've been great if Man United didn't sign 10 85+ rated strikers every year.

Buy-back clauses, buying and buy-back options

- CPU teams could offer to trade players. Now it's only possible for us to trade players, but it would have been nice if Chelsea offered you Willian for Bale + money etc, if you were Real Madrid in career mode.

Club management:
- Build bigger stadiums. Ofc it's hard for ea to give us an opportunity like this, but it would have been awesome to be for example Mansfield in League 2, get promoted and eventually build a bigger stadium. Ea could make this feature available for teams with generic stadiums, so that it wouldn't be any problems with licenses and copyrights etc.

- when a club gets promoted from championship to premier league, the league logo on the kit arms should change. Another license challenge tho...

-the opportunity to chose between a couple of sponsor deals like in Fifa 11. There you had the choice between 3 sponsors, with differences in win bonus and sign on bonus etc, you probably remember, if not, look it up.

-New and improved press conference feature, where you have lots of options etc. I never use the press conference feature anymore, probably cuz it hasn't been changed since fifa 13(?). Cut scenes journey ish in the press conferences would be great.

Talking about cut scenes, there's so many things they can add to make career mode better, such as players receiving medals and honors if they been in the club their whole career, played 300+ matches etc. Testimonial matches would have been awesome. (you probably have a lot of other ideas)

-managers should be fired or change clubs. Arsene Wenger is still Arsenal manager in 2030 if you ever get there. Realism huh?
Including generic managers would be great etc. and just add more real managers.

-More in-depth player interaction.
Im so tired of getting the same mails from players over and over again. It wouldn't have ruined the game if this feature was a bit more realistic as well.
Ander Herrera said he got home sick and he was tired of the weather in England. Couple of weeks later he has signed for CSKA Moscow ffs lol

Youth academy needs an upgrade.
- I would love to see a reserve/U21 team playing against other Premier League youth teams - or whatever league you're in. Maybe even the possibility of earning financial rewards if the youth players are good enough and win trophies. (Could also have the possibility of hiring/sacking your youth coach in the similar format of hiring youth scouts)

I'm also tired of signing a youth player and it's a Brazilian striker with 1/1* weak foot and skill moves.. The randomizer is to random sometimes..
Kind of annoying when 16 years old players are bold and have crazy facial hair as well 

Message 12 of 31 (827 Views)

★★★★ Novice
CAREER MODE IMPROVEMENTS
There's so many small things ea can do to improve career mode A LOT!
Transfers:
- More realistic transfers... First of all, would've been great if Man United didn't sign 10 85+ rated strikers every year.

Buy-back clauses, buying and buy-back options

- CPU teams could offer to trade players. Now it's only possible for us to trade players, but it would have been nice if Chelsea offered you Willian for Bale + money etc, if you were Real Madrid in career mode.

Club management:
- Build bigger stadiums. Ofc it's hard for ea to give us an opportunity like this, but it would have been awesome to be for example Mansfield in League 2, get promoted and eventually build a bigger stadium. Ea could make this feature available for teams with generic stadiums, so that it wouldn't be any problems with licenses and copyrights etc.

- when a club gets promoted from championship to premier league, the league logo on the kit arms should change. Another license challenge tho...

-the opportunity to chose between a couple of sponsor deals like in Fifa 11. There you had the choice between 3 sponsors, with differences in win bonus and sign on bonus etc, you probably remember, if not, look it up.

-New and improved press conference feature, where you have lots of options etc. I never use the press conference feature anymore, probably cuz it hasn't been changed since fifa 13(?). Cut scenes journey ish in the press conferences would be great.

Talking about cut scenes, there's so many things they can add to make career mode better, such as players receiving medals and honors if they been in the club their whole career, played 300+ matches etc. Testimonial matches would have been awesome. (you probably have a lot of other ideas)

-managers should be fired or change clubs. Arsene Wenger is still Arsenal manager in 2030 if you ever get there. Realism huh?
Including generic managers would be great etc. and just add more real managers.

-More in-depth player interaction.
Im so tired of getting the same mails from players over and over again. It wouldn't have ruined the game if this feature was a bit more realistic as well.
Ander Herrera said he got home sick and he was tired of the weather in England. Couple of weeks later he has signed for CSKA Moscow ffs lol

Youth academy needs an upgrade.
- I would love to see a reserve/U21 team playing against other Premier League youth teams - or whatever league you're in. Maybe even the possibility of earning financial rewards if the youth players are good enough and win trophies. (Could also have the possibility of hiring/sacking your youth coach in the similar format of hiring youth scouts)

I'm also tired of signing a youth player and it's a Brazilian striker with 1/1* weak foot and skill moves.. The randomizer is to random sometimes..
Kind of annoying when 16 years old players are bold and have crazy facial hair
Message 13 of 31 (815 Views)

★★★★ Novice

How about early retirement players? I hate it when my 32 or 33 years old striker after having an excellent season and being top scorer announces retirement. Why? Make it at least after 35 years that the player will retire, not after 30.

Message 14 of 31 (739 Views)

★ Apprentice

how about just fixing the transfer market in career player mode? i used to get sent on loan if start at a big club, and i used to get offers to go to new clubs through career. that just is absent in fifa 18. if fifa 19 is broken the same way, maybe its time to stop buying the game until EA acknowledge and FIX the problem. unfortunately they focus mostly on the cash cows - sorry FUT player base. a working transfer market in career player is ESSENTIAL and the game should have been delayed if that wasnt working.

Message 15 of 31 (642 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

In Fifa 17 and Fifa 18 career mode, as a manager, when you leave one club for another by applying for the job, the team you left stop playing matches.

ie. I left Sporting for PSG 4 games into the new season and the Liga Nos league table remained on 4 games until the following season, a year almost!!

I'd like to be able to create a manager so it somewhat looks like me. The options available in 17 and 18 are poor. 

The loan to buy option should be available for transfers in and out

The player swap should be available for transfers in and out. If a club likes one of my players I might want one of theirs. 

Interactive press conferences and job interviews would be great. 

And in career mode only, instead of the highlights after every match, a Match of the Day type highlights show showing all the goals from all the games of the day in your competition, including your own, using all the different cameras

Finally and most importantly, fix the imbalances in the game play. Give us back more control of our teams.

Add these to Fifa 19 and I'm sure Career mode will remain a huge reason why people still buy this game.

Message 16 of 31 (629 Views)

★★★★ Newbie

I think it is to late for this year, but what really needs an update is the possibility of changing a team as manager. This is only possible during a season, but not at the end of a season. I really want to finish a season first, and then start something new! 

- You should be able to sign a contract for a new club, but finish this season with your current club. Like players do. Finish a season, before starting at their new club.

- Clubs should do you an offer if you perform well at the end of the season. Its not the task for a manager to search for a new club! Clubs wich performed bad are seeking for a new manager and should do an offer. 

- It would be great if you can create your own manager, so you can make it look like anyone you like. Now you have just 8 options to choose, but if I want to start a career for exemple as Thierry Henry as manager, none of the options are suitable for me.

I hope this will be possible in the future. Hope you understand what I’m trying to say, don’t know if everything is spelled correct.

greetz from a dutch FIFA-fanatic

Message 17 of 31 (503 Views)

★★★★ Novice

It would be good to have multiplayer mode in career mode, rather than just 1 player.

My brother & I have to start a career each under different saves and then play as the computer teams vs our career team.

Be much better if we could compete against each other in the same league, rather than 2 seperate saves.

The AI needs to be better when purchasing players for computer teams as a lot of time they just get weaker instead of stronger.

Message 18 of 31 (463 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hello @EA_Aidan. I think some other manager career mode features should be like you could watch your youth players or reserves play like a match in practice to see who you want on the first team or something close to that. For scouting, it should be like the same thing. It would be cool if you could see what your scouts were looking at while this player was playing. Also, talking to players at halftime, after games, or in game would be a nice feature to tell your players what u think they are doing wrong. And when your players need to talk about their playing time they should come up to you and ask you like in a cut scene. Also, changing kits every year could be something cool to do. Lastly, training should be like you have a coach for each position to train the player in that position weekly.

Player career mode

I feel like player career mode doesn’t seem realistic. On YouTube you see people doing player career but they make it more realistic like adding scenes. For example saving up the money to buy a house or car etc. Also, like being drafted into the mls can have a scene where you get drafted on like Dc United or you talking about teams available with your agent. Lastly, how in manager career mode this year how you sit down and talk to the player about his contract. They should have that same scene in player career when u sign for a new club. Make player career mode sort of like the journey with cut scenes and things like that but don’t have people think player career mode is the journey.

————-Len

Message 19 of 31 (437 Views)

★★★★ Newbie

Hi @EA_Darko hey my idea is about playing in career mode as a player why doesn't a player get any say on were he wants to play maybe a way to hint at teams that you want to play for or ask agent to look for a team in a certain league  even if its not an exact team

Message 20 of 31 (391 Views)

fifa-circle-img

Think your account was banned or suspended?

Let us know if you think the ban or suspension on your EA Account was a mistake.

Have this info ready

fifa-18-promo-img-2

Update your FUT Security Question

Help keep your FUT account secure to the max! This one is separate from your EA Account.

Use EA Help's steps on your trusted device
orange-gradient-rectangle-image

Prevent disconnects and DNFs

Troubleshoot your connection to avoid DNFs