Re: The Sims 4 expansion in Origin Access?

by crinrict

Original Post

[FAQ] Sims 4 and EA Play

[ Edited ]
Hero

oa.png

What is EA Play/ EA Play Pro ?

Answers to your most common questions about EA Play and EA Play Pro) can be found here: EA Play

Which Version of The Sims is included in EA Play ?

For both EA Play and EA Play Pro, you'll get The Sims 4 Digital Deluxe Edition which includes the following extras

• Life of the Party Digital Content
  • Up all Night Digital Content
  • Awesome Animal Hats Digital Content
  • The Sims 4 Digital Soundtrack

Are there any Expansions/Game or Stuff Packs included ?

Can I buy any Expansions/Game or Stuff Packs and use with my EA Play Base Game ?

Yes, you can absolutely do that.

Is EA Play available on Mac ?

No, sadly it's not.

Is there something similar for Console ?

EA Play is also available for PS4 and XB1

Are there any other Sims Games in the Vault ?

The Sims 3 Starter Pack is also available to play (includes Late Nate and High-End Luxury Stuff) for both EA Play and EA Play Pro

Are there any other advantages to get EA Play ? 

If you decide to buy the game or any of it's packs, you'll get a 10% discount on purchase.

I've played the game for some time and I've now decided to buy the Standard Edition and opt out of EA Play/EA Play Pro. What happens to the extra content I used on my Sims ? Can I keep my save games ?

When you decide to switch to the regular game, you can keep all your progress. Best is to backup your user folder, and then switch over to Standard Edition. All content from the digital deluxe will be stripped from your save game but other than that, you should be able to continue where you took off.

You will not need to reinstall the game. The deluxe content will simply no longer be available to you.

I've upgraded my Version to EA Play and now I want to go back to my owned one. What do I do ?

If you're on PC, press uninstall by right-clicking on the game in Origin and then choose Revert Game Edition

If you're on Mac, check if you have the same option and if not, get in touch with Support.

Revert.jpg

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 7 of 10 (7,105 Views)

Origin Access Premier

★★★ Apprentice

Hi there,

Are expansions and game packs covered with origin premier?

Message 1 of 10 (7,162 Views)

Re: Origin Access Premier

Hero
HI @Dazzusmaximus

no, they are not (at least most of them are not. Unsure if maybe one or two are)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 10 (7,159 Views)

Are Sims 4 DLCs included in early access with Origin Access?

★★ Novice

I know that not all Sims 4 DLCs are included in Origin Access. What I am unsure about is whether or not Sims 4 DLCs are included in the early access part. On the Origin Access page, it says that you get access to new games days before anyone else. I would like to know if Sims 4 DLCs are included in that.

Message 3 of 10 (7,133 Views)

Re: Are Sims 4 DLCs included in early access with Origin Access?

Hero

HI @AlyCat2006 

I merged your post with existing thread on the question.

As you can see by my answer, most of them are not.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 10 (7,115 Views)

The Sims 4 expansion in Origin Access?

★★★ Newbie

If I pay for origin access will the sims 4 expansion be accessible through origin access?

Message 5 of 10 (7,100 Views)

Hero

Hi @Fujiro_Hero 

no, they will not be

I merged your post with an existing thread on this issue.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 10 (7,090 Views)

Hero

@Fujiro_Hero @AlyCat2006 @Dazzusmaximus 

Wrote a little FAQ with all the details I could find and merged your posts into here.

Hope it's useful and answers your questions.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 10 (7,085 Views)

Q about Basic origin Membership

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

I'm looking at my Origin access here and its saying that Sims4 is part of Basic membership but its confusing cause sims 4 deluxe doesn't have a premiere tag but sims 4 with toddler stuff has a premiere tag and I just cant make heads or tails of whether or not the base game is accessible with basic membership. Any help would be appreciated. Thanx.(Basically does the premiere tag exclude it from being Basic?..or does it mean" this is part of premiere too" and if not does the absence of a premiere tag while showing up in the basic membership list mean its part of the basic access?) Thank you.

Message 9 of 10 (7,003 Views)

Re: Q about Basic origin Membership

Hero

Hi @Ticklepink68 

I merged your post with the Origin Access FAQ.

The base game deluxe version is included in Origin Basic but no extra DLC.

Hope that answers your question. If not, please refer to the first post to see if your info is there.

Feel free to post if you have further questions.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 10 (6,980 Views)