Re: Exploji

by Volksgrenadiers

Original Post

Exploji

★★ Novice

Hi, can there be an option to disable Exploji. It’s some thing that I personally feel that isn’t appropriate for C&C and choose not to see. I get that some people like them but I’m guessing their are people like myself that would choose to disable. 

Can there be an option to disable?

Message 1 of 14 (667 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Just out of curiosity, what do you find inappropriate about it?

Message 2 of 14 (654 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@AlphonseDisciple wrote:

Just out of curiosity, what do you find inappropriate about it?

He didn't just say "it isn't appropriate", but rather "it isn't appropriate for C&C". The C&C universe with tiberium is supposed to be taken serious and be realistic. If you want something whacky, you have the C&C Red Alert universe (they are technically in the same universe, but the games function independently of eachother, so I treat them as different universes).

We can get past the unit quotes in Rivals, they aren't that crazy like the ones in the Red Alert games. But the childish explojis really do not fit the serious side of the C&C universe (the one with the tiberium).

In addition to that, they might become very annoying. Having an option to turn them off if you really hate them should be available.

Message 3 of 14 (649 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@xMaksuss Gotcha. I think maybe I was thinking that this guy was along the lines of the other poster that claimed the knife was too violent. Lmao. I’m still baffled at that. And yes, if someone complains about it being annoying, I 100% get their argument. Me personally, couldn’t care less about them one way or the other. If they are in the game, doesn’t bother me... if they magically disappeared, I’d never even notice they were gone. Lmao. But I do understand why some would find it annoying. I just didn’t understand the “inappropriate” part.
Message 4 of 14 (641 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@AlphonseDisciple wrote:
@xMaksussGotcha. I think maybe I was thinking that this guy was along the lines of the other poster that claimed the knife was too violent. Lmao. I’m still baffled at that. And yes, if someone complains about it being annoying, I 100% get their argument. Me personally, couldn’t care less about them one way or the other. If they are in the game, doesn’t bother me... if they magically disappeared, I’d never even notice they were gone. Lmao. But I do understand why some would find it annoying. I just didn’t understand the “inappropriate” part.

Yeah the post with the knife exploji being too violent would make sense... if this wasn't some military game...

In this game, we have humans screaming in pain as they are burned alive or being melted into goo by tiberium, humans getting bombed to pieces and being run over my a mammoth tank. And this guy complains about the knife because it's not appropriate for his kids. Wooooow...

Why not let the kids play nice games? Like Tetris or something? Here, it's free, he should let his kids play this instead of this violent game lol:

https://tetris.com/play-tetris

(In all seriousness, I REALLY hope the guy with the "knife too violent" post was just joking or making fun of the explojis. If not... see above)

Message 5 of 14 (633 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@xMaksuss Yeah man... I literally did a double take lmao
Message 6 of 14 (622 Views)

★★ Novice

Exactly what xmaksuss quoted. I don’t find the exploji  offensive  Or annoying just not my liking I would much rather without them. C&C is a serious game and love Hart’s and unicorns don’t work well together 

Message 7 of 14 (614 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@Volksgrenadiers A lot of people have been complaining about it lately. You aren’t the only one. Lol
Message 8 of 14 (595 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@Volksgrenadiers wrote:

Hi, can there be an option to disable Exploji. It’s some thing that I personally feel that isn’t appropriate for C&C and choose not to see. I get that some people like them but I’m guessing their are people like myself that would choose to disable. 

Can there be an option to disable?

Right now, those explojis are more of a way to taunt a person into picking up the fight against someone who's probably harder and more experienced than you. I don't like fighting someone who brags so much about winning. I mean why a chicken exploji, is it to say that I'm a coward and I should face him cause I lost the 1st missile? I'd prefer to disable certain explojis and have them replaced with the default nuke. Then only time a disabled exploji would appear is during the replays. Also adding a rematch option would work as I would want to fight someone a 2nd time or 3rd time, with the reward is not climbing up a node or rank, but the winner just earns surplus gems (maybe 3 to 5) and credits (up to 500).

Message 9 of 14 (561 Views)

★★ Novice

well I’m seeing that there is a small case building up and I hope the devs see this and take it into consideration at least👍

Volks 

Message 10 of 14 (546 Views)