Error: 201 Won't let me play my game. Patch Anyone?

by Rynigin

Original Post

Error: 201 Won't let me play my game. Patch Anyone?

★★★★ Apprentice

2019 April 9th and I just got booted out of my game. I'm getting really tired of this. I got this game when it first came out in 2017 and I didn't have this trouble until December2018-January2019 when they started with all of these patches and updates. Yes, I know we need them but can we at least stay in the game. Nobody can say it's me. I'm not a new player that needs to fix his settings. My game worked back then so this year's updates then broken. It got really worst with the Capital Supremacy installment. Lol. Does anyone know what's going on here? Let me guess it's the player, not the game right? Doesn't EA or Dice have a Beta system they can test stuff on before they release it? With all the patches that have been put on this game, they'd make the Boyscouts proud. 

Message 1 of 5 (768 Views)

Re: Error: 201 Won't let me play my game. Patch Anyone?

Community Manager

How often do you get that error code, @Rynigin, and which platform do you play the game on? We've had some reports on this in the past and they don't show up quite often, which ping site are you playing on? You can find that under the in-game settings. Changing the ping site one spot to the left or right may fix that for you too.

If you're able to log into your router's admin settings (instructions are usually on the router itself on how to login), check to see if you are on an IPv6 network. There is an option to enable that in your router. 

Sounds frustrating what you're going through and we're here if you need it. Good luck!

Basic Connection Troubleshooting

https://help.ea.com/en/help/faq/connection-troubleshooting-basic/

Blueberry.png
Message 2 of 5 (725 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Sorry, a little late in the reply. But anyway I've had this game since it came out in 2017. I paid a little over $100.00 for it. I haven't had any error 201 issues until Capital Supremacy came onto the scene. I would be playing CS (assuming I can get into a game of CS) and then out of nowhere, I get the Star Wars Battlefront II Logo page. I then get a black page with white writing that reads Error 201. You might say it's me but like I've said I have been playing this a while and none of the other game modes will do this to me. HVV won't, Galactic or Starfighter Assault won't, Blast or Strike won't give me an error 201 either no matter how many times I play them. Have you ever heard of the saying "process of elimination"? Well, if everything else works and CS doesn't that doesn't mean it's me. I want to play CS but what's the point if at any point you get an error code 201? I'm on an XBox One S. I picked port 53261. Download speed is 24.83. My Upload speed is 3.63. Packet loss 0%. Latency 53 ms. Wireless strength 100%. MTU 1480. NAT Type: Moderate. I had it Open once but I forgot how to make it so again. I hope this information helps some.

Message 3 of 5 (706 Views)

Community Manager

There are steps on Xbox's website on how to get your NAT type to OPEN.

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/networking/nat-error-solution

Can you let us know if you're still getting the error message after changing the server ping site in settings and changing NAT to OPEN?

Blueberry.png
Message 4 of 5 (704 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@Rynigin I get this every single time I play BF2 online. No problem with any other game including BF1, just BF2. Just started happening in the last couple months. I’ve tried everything, ping rate good, internet speed good, port forwarding, check servers, etc. Nothing helps.
Message 5 of 5 (532 Views)