EASHL SERVER EXPLAINATION

by PuckinNutz

Original Post

EASHL SERVER EXPLAINATION

★ Guide

So I hear there is a West Coast , Central, East Cost and a Europe server. Are these servers actually hosting the games or are they more like authentification servers to redirect players to the best ping to host the game .My LG team played a team of Swedes and pings were 65ms+ , normally 7-11 ms . How does the game choose server or the host.

Message 1 of 3 (1,085 Views)

Re: EASHL SERVER EXPLAINATION

The host (home team, probably captain) will determine which server will be used when the "best location" option is ticked.

Many people have reported these new servers are causing extra input lag

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Don't be sad, this is just how it works out sometimes
Message 2 of 3 (1,076 Views)

Re: EASHL SERVER EXPLAINATION

Hero

The games are played on the servers. 

It chooses location based off who is in the lobby (so in 6s if you have primarily east players it will search within the east). If it’s set to relaxed location the game will move on to other servers if nothing is found within your ideal location. 

Time of day, room size and goalie matching can impact the quantity of potential matches, so it’s likely the only  choice for your team was a Europe match that instance. Rule of thumb, if anyone on your side sees yellow in the connection bars, back out. 

•—————————————————•

If a message helped you, please give it XP! Click the XP button at the bottom of the post.
If it answered your question, click "Accept as solution". Thanks!
Feel free to PM me with any questions.

Not an EA employee

Banner AHQ Hero Mass Effect.png

Message 3 of 3 (1,047 Views)