Re: EASHL Matchmaking

by EA_Atic

Original Post

EASHL Matchmaking

[ Edited ]

Is anyone else having trouble finding players to match up with? No matter what settings my team (currently 2 players, will become 3) uses, it takes forever to match up with someone.
3, sometimes 4 full matchmaking resets go by and we can't pair up, and if we do it's usually against the same people. Are there some secret settings on our routers or in-game that we need to be aware of?

I'm currently using a NAT 1 wired connection and my buddy has a perfect fibre optic connection. We're both NA West and it doesn't matter what time of day we play the problem is always the same.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Don't be sad, this is just how it works out sometimes
Message 1 of 6 (900 Views)

EA DICE Team

Hello @TTZ_Dipsy

I'm sorry to hear about the not finding opponents in NHL 18. I do see that you wrote happen to NA West connection and you tried different times. 

Did you get this same issue every day? 

Do you have any similar issue in another mode in NHL18?

/Atic

Message 2 of 6 (855 Views)

I don't really bother with other modes in NHL 18 but my partner plays a lot of HUT and tells me it has always been very easy to match up with other people.

We play almost every day and the problem is relatively the same, though after some further setting/router tweaks and stuff (at major risks to security might I add) things are a little better, but it can still take multiple resets before we see somebody (and alot of the time it's the same few people over and over).

Gunna chalk this up to being just another EASHL glitch as matchmaking/connection is near perfect in other modes and games we play.

Message 3 of 6 (834 Views)

EA DICE Team

Hey @TTZ_Dipsy What kind of troubleshooting have you done? 

/Atic 

Message 4 of 6 (805 Views)

[ Edited ]

Opened the ports your chat advisors told me to open, DMZ, moved our routers around, tried wired connections, tried combinations of the same and different NAT types, reset the systems, reinstalled the game, removed dust from the systems, contacted our service providers, etc. etc.

Don't really know what else to do here.

Message 5 of 6 (788 Views)

EA DICE Team

Hey @TTZ_Dipsy Do you have a PC at home? 

If you do can you upload a UO-Tracer to us? 

Link to UO-Tracer: Here

/Atic 

Message 6 of 6 (776 Views)