EA "stealing" $170 dollars from me...

by Volcros

Original Post

Accepted Solution

EA "stealing" $170 dollars from me...

★ Novice

I have recently moved from Russia to the US. When in Russia, I wanted to buy BF1 and BF4 for my brother and I but origin labeled that the games would only come in Russian. I contacted EA support and they told me not to worry about anything and that we would get our game languages replaced. So we bought the games on a payment website such as paypal which was linked to a phone number. when moving to the US the phone number was terminated as long as the payment account so this made refunding impossible. Today, I went to ask the team to go and switch my game languages and they said they could not do anything about it and that they would not change the game languages. Now this is $170 dollars in play that are held by EA and they are not wanting to either refund or adding english copies of the game. adding the english copies of the game is an option that works because I have had this issue with BF4 in the past and it took me 30 mins to fix. All they did was add an english version of the game to my library which I play everyday and works fine. So now, Do you see what kind of company EA is? how the hell am I going to get my money back? I cannot refund and they don't want to give us the games in english? Is it $170 dollars down the drain?

there is an attached transcript of both cases.

1) case where I was told the game would be replaced

2) case where I am told they can't do anything about it.

Please leave suggestions on how to get my money back...

Message 1 of 7 (1,889 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: EA "stealing" $170 dollars from me...

@Volcros wrote:

I have recently moved from Russia to the US. When in Russia, I wanted to buy BF1 and BF4 for my brother and I but origin labeled that the games would only come in Russian. I contacted EA support and they told me not to worry about anything and that we would get our game languages replaced. So we bought the games on a payment website such as paypal which was linked to a phone number. when moving to the US the phone number was terminated as long as the payment account so this made refunding impossible. Today, I went to ask the team to go and switch my game languages and they said they could not do anything about it and that they would not change the game languages. Now this is $170 dollars in play that are held by EA and they are not wanting to either refund or adding english copies of the game. adding the english copies of the game is an option that works because I have had this issue with BF4 in the past and it took me 30 mins to fix. All they did was add an english version of the game to my library which I play everyday and works fine. So now, Do you see what kind of company EA is? how the hell am I going to get my money back? I cannot refund and they don't want to give us the games in english? Is it $170 dollars down the drain?

@Volcros nobody here on the EA AHQ can assist you with your issue because it's an account entitlement issue and this being a community driven (gamers helping gamers) technical self help site means that nobody has access to your account. You will have to follow up on your case with EA Customer service.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Please mark a thread as solved if a post solves your issue.

EA Answers HQ Volunteer Forum Moderator

BF3, BF4, BF1, BFV DICE Friend tag awardee

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Twitter: Ragnarok013

View in thread

Message 4 of 7 (1,790 Views)

All Replies

★★ Novice
Man that sucks I'm just trying to to get hq dog tag hope they fix that
Message 2 of 7 (1,768 Views)

★★ Novice
That's sucks hop they fix it
Message 3 of 7 (1,768 Views)

@Volcros wrote:

@Volcros nobody here on the EA AHQ can assist you with your issue because it's an account entitlement issue and this being a community driven (gamers helping gamers) technical self help site means that nobody has access to your account. You will have to follow up on your case with EA Customer service.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Message 4 of 7 (1,791 Views)

@whiteboy30588 wrote:
Man that sucks I'm just trying to to get hq dog tag hope they fix that

The Answer HQ tag is only given to EA Answer HQ Heroes. Heroes are community members who have demonstrated long term commitment, knowledge, and professionalism in helping the Battlefield community. The road to Hero is a very long process and not one that anyone can outright earn via their own efforts.

Message 5 of 7 (1,753 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Im sorry i wish i could help you. It seems that eagames taking money and not giving is pretty common. I bought my son a 65 dollar coin pack, a 20 dollar coin pack and yesterday i bought him a 45 dollar coin pack and he did not get any of his coins and the ea team does not know what they are doing because they say he got his coins which is a load of bull. I recommend not buying anything from eagames again

Message 6 of 7 (1,631 Views)

Community Manager

@tonytiger1000 

Please reach out to our Live-Support as soon as possible to investigate any missing item/currency claims. Our forum staff is unable to address these inquiries and I do apologize you and your son are experiencing a purchasing issue. When content is purchased on console you'll want to first make sure the purchase successfully cleared on the Microsoft/PlayStation account. Once it's confirmed, some content may need to actually be installed to show up or the console needs to be restarted to re-sync up with the servers (if it's not showing up after re-launching the game)

This post is originally from 2016 so I will be locking this post down though to avoid further necroposting. If you still need help with this specific topic please create a new post on our boards.

• Don't "necropost." Reviving, updating or bumping old, outdated and irrelevant threads is not helpful for our community. It's best to check when the thread was created before you hit post, just to make sure it's not 2 years old for example.

AHQ Rules & Guidelines

Blueberry.png
Message 7 of 7 (1,617 Views)