EA did it again.....

by theholypotatoe

Original Post

Accepted Solution

EA did it again.....

★★★★★ Novice

So the new long awaited update(for a dead game) launched today..... and i was looking forward to it beacuse we got 2 (yes only 2 -_-) new cars

Since i had the deluxe eddition i was expecting them to be free same as the infinity and as the mini-cooper from the last update, but they arent they are locked behind a 4$ pay-wall

SO please tell me what is the point with the deluxe eddition?! AAAAAND at this point since the game got craked like 2 weeks ago i just feel like playing the cracked version since i get every car/dlc for free. 

WELP there goes my 80$ for notthing.... guess im an idiot 

Message 1 of 14 (2,441 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: EA did it again.....

★★★★★ Newbie

I noticed the same thing when I got on this morning. I was so excited to see a Trans Am added to the game. Went to go get the content and was confused when I saw it was required to pay to receive it after buying the deluxe edition (under the impression that would make me avoid paying even more for future DLC). When I contacted EA about the issue on twitter, they basically just told me "yeah that one DLC is all that comes with buying the deluxe edition" and they directed me here, basically saying that if enough people complain about it, they might end up doing that instead. In my opinion, its kind of * to offer one free DLC with a kind-of-okay game mode that I never play (and beat in like 20 minutes) and two cars that max out at lvl 299, and then make you pay for any DLC afterward. Every other Deluxe Edition or Season Pass that I've bought wouldn't just give you one piece of DLC and make you pay for the rest. I should've known better. * EA.

View in thread

Message 2 of 14 (2,612 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Newbie

I noticed the same thing when I got on this morning. I was so excited to see a Trans Am added to the game. Went to go get the content and was confused when I saw it was required to pay to receive it after buying the deluxe edition (under the impression that would make me avoid paying even more for future DLC). When I contacted EA about the issue on twitter, they basically just told me "yeah that one DLC is all that comes with buying the deluxe edition" and they directed me here, basically saying that if enough people complain about it, they might end up doing that instead. In my opinion, its kind of * to offer one free DLC with a kind-of-okay game mode that I never play (and beat in like 20 minutes) and two cars that max out at lvl 299, and then make you pay for any DLC afterward. Every other Deluxe Edition or Season Pass that I've bought wouldn't just give you one piece of DLC and make you pay for the rest. I should've known better. * EA.

Message 2 of 14 (2,613 Views)

★ Apprentice
Deluxe Edition Content:

Deluxe edition gives you an edge over the competition.... wiiiiink 😉😉

Stand out from the crowd with exccluuuuusssiiiiive customization items (barely distinguishable smoke/license plate, leaderboard icon-->there's a leaderboard?? Can't wait to check where I am on the "leaderboard"

5 shipments that you totally burned through first time at the tuning shop back on release when catch up packs didn't exist.

5 WHOLE PERCENT rep bonus to get that occasional shipment with a couple useless speedcard rolls and more ugly useless vanity stuff.
Neat!

TEN WHOLE PERCENT discount on in-game content using earned in-game currency... I'm honestly not sure where to find that in my U.N. international foreign trade agreement documents. 🤓

PLAAATTIINUMMM CAR PACK:

Exccluuuussiivvee plat( previously mentioned and still bloody useless)

5 cars that were again, on release completely useless for online racing as they only go to 299

All in all a serious waste of money when you look at what you actually get for game value.
My opinion is this most recent update has just brought the game to acceptable for launch with lots of room for improvements and additional content still.
Adding a very basic free roam months after the fact it was expected isn't the community asking how we can give you more money.
Just disappointed.
Message 3 of 14 (2,360 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
Same here. Why in the hell did i buy the deluxe if i can't access the dlc content? This is a total rip off...won't be buying again. Won't be playing again really.
Message 4 of 14 (2,338 Views)

★★★ Novice
Same with Eddie’s Skyline buy nfs 2015 game only to get same nissan skyline just 399. on online racing they could just make same skyline from 299 to 399. EA smart enough to make people waste money buy stuff and get almost nothing. It doesnt even worth it to get deluxe version no point if u cant get dlc cars that cost another money waste. All stuff getting useless.
Message 5 of 14 (2,328 Views)

★★ Novice
This is complete *. So many people wasted the money buying the damn deluxe edition only to get a autocross dlc that you can finish in about an hour if your screwing around and 2 cars which honestly I didn’t even bother picking up from the dealership despite the $0 price tag. Now there’s an actual car pack I want and your making me pay for it?! I got your damn deluxe edition which wasn’t worth the price tag when I got it and it still isn’t now. Whole lot of regret here. In all honestly I’m pretty much done with buying * with the EA logo. Your business practices are shady at best. You have monopolized gaming in to a business that nickles and dimes it’s customers for anything remotely fun. Focus on the basics - you know the things that actually got you customers and made you millions on merit alone. You do that and you won’t have to be * about your money making *. Congratulations though, 3 years running as the worst gaming company to exist. Pretty sure getting it 2 times was a record, now your just showing off. I’d ask for my money back but I’m sure you would charge me for making the request and then give me the finger.
Message 6 of 14 (2,316 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Im tired of being robed, i bought NFS 2015 and Payback but now on i won´t buy any Need For Speed, is just stupid, paying 20 euros extra to have one free dlc. Im now saving to buy Forza Horizon 4 and from this moment i will only save for Forza Horizon Games or even The Crew, even Ubisoft can do a greater job than EA. With this type of actitude they will just lose customers. Have a nice day.

Message 7 of 14 (2,149 Views)

[ Edited ]

Read the Forza forum before you buy the new game, that game crashes more than Payback does on consoles and especially on pc. The online play is a joke, the game was made for a 12 year old.All the games today are RUBBISH especially on release, most of the time they just do not work and are incomplete.

If gamers want this insanity to stop,,,,, Then STOP preordering games. Wait  to see the game WORKING before you buy.Wait to see the dlc''s ,see what they add to the game, force the company to intise you with content not with empty promises.

Message 8 of 14 (2,130 Views)

[ Edited ]

I bought NFS 2015, I really enjoyed the game for hundreds of hours, I actually feel as though I got my monies worth. I bought the game for less than half price after they had added the dlc's and fixed the initial bugs. If I had paid full price I would be less happy.

2015 has it's issues [unfixed bugs] , but that game is very good in my opinion. I am thinking of installing it again and playing.

Message 9 of 14 (2,120 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

NFS 2015 very cool game, very cool story, cool atmosphere, cool very cool drift and drift I really enjoy. I can not say the same for NFS Payback in this series of physics cars at the children's level drift just awful the only thing that saves this game is the customization of cars in this series can make the car of your dreams and that's the only thing I like in NFS Payback

Message 10 of 14 (2,109 Views)