Re: EA Ruined Aggro Decks

by AlphonseDisciple

Original Post

@EinarThePillager wrote:

@Mister_Crac wrote:

@EinarThePillager wrote:

You could delay them from trying to tech by destroying his harvesters. I always do that and aim for his harvesters when he has no units on the pads. If he tries to defend it, destroy his units along with his harvester.

There are maps where this is extremlely difficult to do, since their harvesters are so very far away from your base. They can always send reinforcements faster than you can send more attack forces. Especially Master League is infamous for such maps. Frown

The more money they spend defending their harvesters, the harder it is for them to tech. Pressure them so they can't tech. Wish teching had some major consequences, like more expensive units. I hate fighting titans, sandstorms, centurions and rock-worms.

If you keep allocating your resources to trying to get his harvester before the first missile , you’ll lose the first missile. A defender always has the advantage. 

Message 11 of 17 (399 Views)

★★★★ Pro

@Zardac_the_Great wrote:

So we went from being forced to have an aggro deck to be competitive in high level play to being forced to have tech? As far as I was concerned , the over emphasis on aggro decks was ruining the game before.

It was not. You could absolutely reach Tiberium League with a Tech deck without problems.

Message 12 of 17 (394 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

Why are 90% of all players tech players anyways (having 2/3 tech units, I'mma ignore the 1 unit variant)? I don't quite understand this phenomenon. The game can be played without using them, yet almost every single person below diamond 1 uses it.

I think once people can build 2 harvesters (at profile level 9), they think that this is the way to go and just keep doing it, not understanding that you can have an army with only 1 harvester.

Now to "Aggro decks are dead". I think decks without a single tech unit will have a harder time now. But decks with only 1 tech unit are now better than always. And you can still go aggro with only 5 units, that's how I have been playing all the time - 5 units for my aggro deck and 1 unit as my tech trump card. This tech unit usually never gets build, but I have it in there just in case I cannot win with my normal units. And now its cost got reduced from 120+unit to 60+unit for me, so it's easier for me to get one of them out to turn the tides.

So in general: decks with 6 aggro units will have a bad time. Decks with 4/5 aggro units + 1/2 tech units will most likely become dominant.

Message 13 of 17 (388 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@Marine_CorporaI wrote:

I’m seeing the same as before in regards to what people are using. Most use barracks or war factory and then tech.

I used to always get the first missile and defend against one or two tech units for the 2nd missile. Now I’m seeing tech come out directly after the first. Sometimes during the first if it ends up getting stalled for a few seconds here and there. 

Somehow it has sped up. 

Seems to me that the popular thing now is to open with 2 Harvesters, Barracks, Missile Troops, straight to Tech. Lol

Message 14 of 17 (382 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@EinarThePillager wrote:

@Mister_Crac wrote:

@EinarThePillager wrote:

You could delay them from trying to tech by destroying his harvesters. I always do that and aim for his harvesters when he has no units on the pads. If he tries to defend it, destroy his units along with his harvester.

There are maps where this is extremlely difficult to do, since their harvesters are so very far away from your base. They can always send reinforcements faster than you can send more attack forces. Especially Master League is infamous for such maps. Frown

The more money they spend defending their harvesters, the harder it is for them to tech. Pressure them so they can't tech. Wish teching had some major consequences, like more expensive units. I hate fighting titans, sandstorms, centurions and rock-worms.

They are only spending 20 Tib to defend the Harvesters while raking in dough to send out a Mammoth soon. Lol

Message 15 of 17 (381 Views)

★★★★ Pro

@xMaksuss wrote:

Why are 90% of all players tech players anyways (having 2/3 tech units, I'mma ignore the 1 unit variant)? I don't quite understand this phenomenon. The game can be played without using them, yet almost every single person below diamond 1 uses it.

I think once people can build 2 harvesters (at profile level 9), they think that this is the way to go and just keep doing it, not understanding that you can have an army with only 1 harvester.

This, and the fact that maps lack variety. If the map designers had done a good job, the maps would be much more diverse: There would be some where there is absolutely plentiful Tiberium, some where there is a moderate amount of it, and some where Tiberium is in short supply.
Message 16 of 17 (361 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@Mister_Crac wrote:

This, and the fact that maps lack variety. If the map designers had done a good job, the maps would be much more diverse: There would be some where there is absolutely plentiful Tiberium, some where there is a moderate amount of it, and some where Tiberium is in short supply.

They could edit some maps and delete some tiberium patches. One one map (forgot the name, it has 4 tiberium fields in open spaces and 2 pads have a water tile beside them, its a diamond league map with stone borders next to your base), it might be possible to add 1 to 2 more fields of tiberium to encourage a long struggle of teching and rushing.

Message 17 of 17 (346 Views)