EA Please Consider a WarDog Revamp

by Tstillman24

Original Post

EA Please Consider a WarDog Revamp

★ Guide

For the love of God please please please make the war dogs stronger in terms of the damage they put out. If I have a level 10 war dog going against a level 10 shockwave it will take almost 20 seconds for a war dog to kill the shockwave giving my opponent ample time to counter my war dogs. I think the war dogs are a great scouting  unit but I think they should also be used as a counter to shockwave and flame troopers. If you were to double the damage they put out it would still take almost 10 seconds to kill a shockwave and flame trooper. I wouldn’t mind seeing the price of this unit go up to 20 and would not mind seeing its health go down to in order for it to put out more damage. Cyber wheels Put out almost twice as much damage as war dogs why can’t we make the war dogs more beefed up. In my opinion they are only were scouting right now and if I am going to buy a war factory to scout I may as well just open up with a Bara put out almost twice as much damage as war dogs why can’t we make the war dogs more beefed up. In my opinion they are only worth scouting right now and if I am going to buy a war factory to scout I may as well just open up with a Barrack for 10 less than a factory.

Message 1 of 47 (1,021 Views)

Re: EA Please Consider a WarDog Revamp

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Furthermore let’s say that I open up with a rifle man or militant and I am countered by shockwave or flame trooper’s, then I could go to a war factory and bust out the war dogs if they could Counter these units  instead of having to go to an air pad in order to get Talons. The war factory and war dogs would cost me 50 and the air pad and talents would cost me 80. Personally I think if you were going to Counter shockwave troopers and flame troopers 50 is a more fair price to pay in order to balance things back in your favor since it would cost you more than The 40 that it cost to get a shockwave or flame trooper at the price of 50. I don’t like building an air pad just to counter shockwave and flame troopers early in the game.

Message 2 of 47 (1,017 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

Seriously if I open with riflemen I kill shock/flame with 2 riflemen 

If you look for gdi warfac infantry killer rhino is your choice, missile/laser are no match.

Message 3 of 47 (1,005 Views)

★★★★ Pro

The War Dogs' damage output is abysmal, that much is for sure. They were better before they got nerfed. Perhaps the nerf was a little too strong.

I say give them a better damage output, and maybe reduce their health a little to make up for that?

Message 4 of 47 (984 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

Guys wardogs are not meant to deal lots of damage, they are designed to tank a lot of it. While wheels do good damage, they die in 1 rocket, even if they are 2 levels higher.

The HP of the wardog allows it to take on a misslesquad 2v1, just like the wheels do, but it will just take more time.

Not every single unit needs to have an exact counterpart in the other faction, it is fine if units have unique properties.

If you guys want a cheap vehicle to take down infantry, use rhino.

Want air? Drones.

You want to use wardogs? Works too! It will just take longer. Send multiple squads. But a better use would be to block enemy units.

Message 5 of 47 (949 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

I'd prefer using wardogs in tandem with rhinos. The wardogs take the shots since they have higher health, and the rhino is the one dealing the damage. For Nod, the opposite occurs, the cyberwheel deals the damage, the buggy takes the shots. They can't even handle a scarab unlike rhinos/buggies/cyberwheels.

Message 6 of 47 (936 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

If the game reduces the health of the Wardogs, The WarDogs will be total garbage. 

No one uses the Wardogs for there Attack.

You use Wardogs because they have good speed + good scout range + good damage absorbers + they allow you to do War Factory Open. lol

If you have a problem with Shockwaves, you should make Rhinos. lol

Your War Factory is open!

Message 7 of 47 (905 Views)

★★★★ Pro

@XPlayerJ wrote:

You use Wardogs because they have good speed

They had good speed before they got nerfed. Wink

Message 8 of 47 (889 Views)

★★★★ Pro

@xMaksuss wrote:

The HP of the wardog allows it to take on a misslesquad 2v1

Yeah but that is a fight that you can't win. You send a War Dog, they send a Missile Squad. You send a second War Dog, then they send a second Missile Squad. Because of the population cap, you cannot bring as many War Dogs as you would need to 2v1 all of their Missiles.

Message 9 of 47 (888 Views)

★ Guide

I agree with maksuss I was going to say the same thing. 

If you want a good example of how wardogs are meant to be used have a look at bikerushownz. He uses them really well and his only anti infantry is wardogs and mg squads as far as I remember. He might be using a different deck now but he uploads lots of vids to yt.

Message 10 of 47 (882 Views)