Re: Drivable Police vehicles in NfS: Payback

by Jacobba55

Original Post

Drivable Police vehicles in NfS: Payback

★★★ Newbie

Hi all!

I am writing here because I have a dream: drive the police cars like the last update with the Crown Victoria (so also with ELS etc.).

Are you going in the future to add the Corvette C7 and the Dodge Charger?

Thanks in advance,

Max

Message 1 of 7 (5,972 Views)

★★★★ Guide

I want to support this thread as I feel the same. There is a major demand for the other FVPD vehicles after the highly successful release of the Crown Victoria as an abandoned car. In addition to the Charger SRT8 and Corvette GS (C7), they could add the Rhino or even this cut Ford Explorer SUV. Hope we get to drive these in the future, and that you will be heard by EA. Me too/ +XP given.

Message 2 of 7 (5,833 Views)

★★ Expert

@Max91_ITA 

Dreams are good...but Ea is a nightmare when it comes to getting our dreams made reality in this franchise! 

Thanks and check out the link for a song that fits this topic!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_3l7H0wSXQ

Message 3 of 7 (5,687 Views)

★★★ Pro
Whats the point?, you cant play as a cop in this game anyway. If you love play as a cop, you should buy Hot Pursuit 2010 or Rivals. Because there you can play as both cop and racer. In payback you can only play as a racer, those cop cars is just for racing and free roaming mayby.
Message 4 of 7 (5,653 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@BVBgamer88 wrote:
Whats the point?, you cant play as a cop in this game anyway. If you love play as a cop, you should buy Hot Pursuit 2010 or Rivals.

Whilst you're very correct about NFSHP2010 (although I wouldn't recommend it) and Rivals (which I would much rather vouch for, as I love it). I beg to differ from your point about being a cop in NFS Payback. You may not be able to use pursuit tech, request backup, have a cop career but I assure you, with the right resources, you can play as a cop (to some extent). This is what makes Payback enjoyable for me, taking up the majority of my time playing this game!

Please let me tell you this, all you need is a FVPD Crown Victoria (Abandoned car) or any spec car and some "cop" vanity items from shipments. Once you have these, you can play on AllDrive and explore with other players. By creating a community and basic use of "chat" emoticons, I managed to have a lot of fun pursuing people, some actually enjoyed it as the game didn't deliver what some called "freeroam cops." I didn't even have to buy shipments or pay for any DLC, and yet playing this way significantly increased my appreciation for the game. Please don't overlook this, it's a unique way to play and it's what makes me keep playing Payback. I made it my mission to deliver the freeroam cops that players were interested in, and using the resources available to me, made it possible for others to have better pursuits with real people. My community has been flourishing as a result, and we frequently enjoy getting together to race, do Hot Pursuits, chase the runner. I don't mean to disagree, but I believe you can play as a cop, there is a point.

Message 5 of 7 (5,648 Views)

★★ Expert

@Jacobba55 

So basically your just playing cop vs racer in a free roam mode.

Sounds like a good idea 👍😊

Have a wonderful day and I'm happy you're having a good time with your family and friends. 

Take care. 😉😎

Message 6 of 7 (5,470 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@BLVD69

Hey, it works! This is my idea of player-powered "freeroam cops." It's fun, even if they're not online. Cops vs Racers is significantly more fun with friends though, allows you to start using advanced tactics, it's very complex! Anyway, this is why I was fighting so hard for the FVPD Charger, (if that makes sense) we were looking for something to enhance the gameplay. Unfortunately the Crown Victoria is the ONLY vehicle left, in the entire game, that has a performance cap, at LV365. That's why I wanted the Charger SRT, but I'll just have to wait for NFS 2019 now... Still think it's not too unreasonable in terms of the performance cap, it's beyond me why that isn't a simple fix!

Also, the abandoned car this week is Natalia Nova's Pagani Huyara BC at the very south-western most point at the map if you want it. FVPD Corvettes get involved as well, don't usually see them in the abandoned car events.

Message 7 of 7 (5,462 Views)