Re: Drift

by BLVD69

Original Post

★★★ Guide

@viktorpro_271

My main problem with drifting in Payback is that it seems to rely on a script to trigger. Which means that unless you're playing it on a quantum computer, there's a good chance that the car won't start drifting even though you did everything right. However this issue was actually worse in NFS 2015 so who knows, maybe they can get it to work correctly in the next game. Somehow, I bloody doubt it.

Message 11 of 15 (555 Views)

★★ Expert

@Jabberwocky79

Your post:

I like it a lot more than the drifting in 2015

My Reply:  2015 felt like Ghost Studios ran out of ideas and placed the game in the dark cold wet rain!

They placed limited daylight and the storyline played out like one of those really bad B-Side Movies in Hollywood with the swanky music.

The actors were total cheese too!

Also, how many times do we need to Celebrate with a Rock Star Energy Drinks in the game cutscenes...LOL 

Regards

BLVD69

Message 12 of 15 (536 Views)

★★★ Guide

@BLVD69

I agree. But as bad as it was, I think I still preferred NFS 2015's story over Paybacks. It was more laid back, felt less like a Michael Bay movie and more like a street racing documentary. Also the way they managed to blend live action cutscenes and in-game footage was actually pretty damn impressive, unlike the crappy in-engine cutscenes from Payback which were pre-recorded on an old build of the game, looked much worse than the actual game and didn't blend with the gameplay at all, especially on PC where the gameplay runs at 60 FPS or more while the cut-scenes are in 30 FPS.

Honestly I think Ghost would be better off developing the rendering part of Frostbite than working of NFS. They don't know a damn thing about racing games but they seem to understand physics based rendering pretty well, even better than DICE.

Message 13 of 15 (524 Views)

★★ Expert

@mrtun3r

Your post:

@BLVD69

I agree. But as bad as it was, I think I still preferred NFS 2015's story over Paybacks. It was more laid back, felt less like a Michael Bay movie and more like a street racing documentary. Also the way they managed to blend live-action cutscenes and in-game footage was actually pretty damn impressive, unlike the crappy in-engine cutscenes from Payback which were pre-recorded on an old build of the game, looked much worse than the actual game and didn't blend with the gameplay at all, especially on PC where the gameplay runs at 60 FPS or more while the cut-scenes are in 30 FPS.

Honestly, I think Ghost would be better off developing the rendering part of Frostbite than working of NFS. They don't know a damn thing about racing games but they seem to understand physics-based rendering pretty well, even better than DICE.

My Reply:

Yes, you do make some excellent points here too.

Ture Payback Cut Scenes are generic in cinematic structure and composition.

If you're talking about Studio Design for cutscenes in the game for 2015.

Then yeah the way 2015 cutscenes flowed with the game were structurally sound & were created very well.

I would agree with you on your point there.

I was just simply pointing out the script and actor flaws of 2015 game and the overall dark and cold rain feel of depression in that game made me wanna cry! LOL

Actually, I can't say the acting in Payback is any better, actually maybe even worse!

The game characters are butt ugly!

Let's blame the studio for that!

Thank you again, and have a nice day.

Regards

BLVD69

Message 14 of 15 (502 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Drift in NFS 2015 is much better and more interesting than drift in NFS Payback.

Message 15 of 15 (442 Views)