Re: Draft suggestions

by KLUBFC

Original Post

Draft suggestions

★★★★ Apprentice

In my opinion, the functionality in Draft Mode would be very interesting, where you can choose three players from the team you defeated and leave your current three players (worst). After each round, you will build a team of the best your and oponents' players.

What do you think?

Message 1 of 9 (451 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@KLUBFCI think it is an interesting idea, reminds me of swaps a little bit.
There could be all kinds of players awarded at each round - perhaps a 2 player pack after round 1, 2 player picks each from 3 items after round 2, then choose 3 players from the losing semi-finalists team.

Thing is because it is only slight squad changes each round it gives more chances to improve your team, more so if you have a lower rated/chem.

The downside is there will be too many finals with all top icons in there you will effectively remove the underdog chance of winning with broken chem teams with a few weak players

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 2 of 9 (438 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

However, unlike previous FIFA games, the TOP icons are not available to the average player. Last year, you can get them at SBC. But in FIFA20 you don't have this option. So, if you want to play Squad built mainly from ICON players, this would be a good chance.

Message 3 of 9 (422 Views)

Hero
@KLUBFC maybe but i regularly come up against teams with 7 plus icons in the 1st couple of rounds so that chance is pretty much there already

Message 4 of 9 (387 Views)

Community Manager
@KLUBFC Interesting idea, I don't know if this would work for Draft but perhaps a Friendly mode?
EACade
Message 5 of 9 (366 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I was thinking about icons in optimus version. They are extreemly expensive and some of them even are unavailable on the market. So in Draft mode you could test them all at least in few matches (if you win) for almost free. I.ex Gullit or Ronaldo (optimus) cost around 10 mln coins or even more. If you can grab from each your oponent three best players, in the final match you could get squad contained 11 extreemly expansive and very good players.

Message 6 of 9 (365 Views)

Hero
@KLUBFC i would hope there is an icon swaps 4 to actually own top icons rather than testing them out.

But with regards to testing icons in draft i have played draft about 10 times this fifa and have had gullit, ferdinand, r9 and many, many, many other icons. I prefer this game mode when it is not saturated with icons so i can try out all special players and not let icons overpower the game mode for gameplay and chemistry squad building reasons especially

Message 7 of 9 (340 Views)

★ Guide

My suggestion would be to stop filtering out players like they have this year. It's overflowing with the same icons and the same totss but certain cards just never pop. 

Remember previous fifas how often you'd have cr7 toty and Messi toty at the same time? Now it's practically impossible. I've never seen toty Ronaldo, not once, same goes for mbappe and many many others. You might come back and say you have had them, but I bet it was a one off. Certain cards are just so rare to get in draft now. Took all the fun out of it for me. 

Also, even your first captain pick, used to be lit on old fifas, now it's nearly always 5 gold cards. Fifa is so bad this year 

Message 8 of 9 (320 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

But eventhough if you can grab 3 players from your oponent it could be very usefull and can give you a squad of your dream even for one game.

Message 9 of 9 (295 Views)