Re: Does clothing disappear when a Sim retires?

by Didymuis

Original Post

Does clothing disappear when a Sim retires?

★★★★★ Novice

One of my Sims retired and now it says I don’t own the suit he used to wear!

Why not? Because if I already had it surely he wasn’t the only one able to wear it.

Message 1 of 8 (776 Views)

The update we got through the store a few days ago did mess up a little bit. 

This suit isn't a suit you got with your Sim when you moved in a Sim from another player?

If not, please report your findings over here:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Open-Having-to-pay-for-items-that-are-already-owned/td-p/72055...

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 2 of 8 (759 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@ship wrote:

One of my Sims retired and now it says I don’t own the suit he used to wear!

Why not? Because if I already had it surely he wasn’t the only one able to wear it.

No, it doesn't usually disappear.  Unless it was a suit he inherited because he was wearing it when he transferred into your house, it should immediately become available again once he retires (if it was an Izzy creation) or be available all of the time, even before he retires if it was a normal clothing item.

If neither of those is the case, it is a bug.  Check to see I it was resolved by the mini-update yesterday and if it is still a problem, submit a bug report.

Message 3 of 8 (748 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

No, he was one of my own Sims. I have never moved anyone else’s Sim into my house.

It was the pink suit, he used to wear it a lot because he was a pop star. I only retired him because one of my others got married and wanted his wife to move in.

As it happened the owner of that sim never replied, and I can’t even get in touch with her to remind her of my request.

Message 4 of 8 (740 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I have just checked and it isn’t there as being owned. I took a screenshot of the suit so I presume it’s a bug.

Thank you, I’ll report it.

Message 5 of 8 (736 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Bug or not, I think you should give a retired sim just some cheap clothes to be safe. Looks like more people are experiencing problems with this:

https://www.reddit.com/r/SimsMobile/comments/a2bdxs/wtf_so_just_because_my_sim_retired_wearing_this/

Message 6 of 8 (706 Views)

If it's a bug. Could you open a new post in the bug forum for this?

You can find the bug forum over here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/bd-p/the-sims-mobile-bug-reports-en

The bug forum has a small list with questions which might just help solving the problem! 

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 7 of 8 (698 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I didn’t need to report it in the end, it sorted itself out and the clothing came back after a while. 

Message 8 of 8 (548 Views)