Does anyone else have an issue with controller mapping?

by csuperman7

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Does anyone else have an issue with controller mapping?

★ Guide

I just want to make sure I'm not the only one having it. The controller is improperly mapped. Here are issues I've found:

* Select button is permanently pressed down. When you press it to get help, it appears and disappears. My team calls a timeout after every play.

* The R2 button doesn't work.

* The right stick doesn't work properly. Up and down both move left. Left and right do nothing.

I'm using a generic control that mimics and Xbox 360 controller.  I have used this in other EA games and all the buttons work properly.  Anyone else having any issues?  Anyone not having issues?  I want to see if somehow my controller is just not compatible with this one game or if it's an EA bug.

Message 1 of 10 (2,166 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Does anyone else have an issue with controller mapping?

★ Guide
@EA_Blueberry Thanks, I'm running all of these now. For the most part, repairing the game and restarting my computer fixed /most/ of the issues. I'm going to try again tonight after work and I'll let you know. However, I have a feeling that this will have solved everything! Your suggestions on lagging/stuttering helped as well.

View in thread

Message 8 of 10 (2,101 Views)

All Replies

★ Guide

I think it has to be a game issue.  Even with the controller unplugged, I have issues.  On the initial page, the first option has 3 "articles", the game constantly cycles between those, even if I don't touch anything.  And not cycle like letting you see them, but just as though I held down the 'D' key.

Message 2 of 10 (2,151 Views)

★ Novice

i have incorrect mapping as well the a button is the right trigger the bumpers dont work the left trigger is the b button and the buttons dont do anything 

Message 3 of 10 (2,147 Views)

★ Guide
@Hydra_THART I don't know if this will help you, but Repairing the game from Origin fixed that issue for me.  It still calls a timeout every single play though... :-\
Message 4 of 10 (2,134 Views)

Community Manager

@csuperman7  @Hydra_THART 

Thanks for raising this to us. What controllers are you specifically using and can you attach a DxDiag for us?

How to Pull a DxDiag

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

Blueberry.png
Message 5 of 10 (2,128 Views)

★ Guide

I'm using ZD-C Wired Gaming Controller USB Gamepad for PC(Windows XP/7/8/10) & Playstation 3 & Android & Steam (copied directly from Amazon) and dxdiag attached.

After using Repair, that fixed some of the issues.  When I restarted the computer, that fixed others.  If I Alt-Tab out of the game, they resurface.  If I click anything that opens a web browser (for example, registering for Madden Rewards), it causes the issues to resurface.  They are fixed by exiting out of the game and re-launching it.

I found another mapping issues.  Pre-snap on defense, I push up on the control pad to switch to the defensive camera.  When I do that, it opens up the Defensive Shift, as though I had pressed Y.  If I press up again, it takes it as R-stick up and backs up my DBs.

Thanks for responding!  Hopefully we can find out if these are issues that EA can fix... Or if the issues are on my end.

Message 6 of 10 (2,121 Views)

Community Manager

@csuperman7 

Can you try updating to the latest build of Windows 10, update the driver for your video card, and try right-clicking on the game in Origin to select "Repair" to see if that helps?

I'd also check to see if your gaming controller has the latest driver update for it too. Reinstalling the game again should be considered if none of these solutions work. What you're describing could very well be corrupted data from the download/installation.

Please get back to us with the results so we can notify the team on whether it's still lingering. We're not seeing too many other reports on this so I'm more inclined it's technical related that we can work out, or it's a rare bug until we start to get more players jumping into the game that will highlight more affected players.

To update to the latest build of Windows 10 search "Windows Updates" in the desktop search bar to check for pending updates.

To download the latest driver for your Nvidia card visit their official site here.

For your controller:

1. In the search box on the taskbar, enter device manager, then select Device Manager.
  2. Select a category to see names of devices, then right-click (or press and hold) the one you'd like to update.
  3. Select Update Driver.
  4. Select Search automatically for updated driver software.
Blueberry.png
Message 7 of 10 (2,104 Views)

★ Guide
@EA_Blueberry Thanks, I'm running all of these now. For the most part, repairing the game and restarting my computer fixed /most/ of the issues. I'm going to try again tonight after work and I'll let you know. However, I have a feeling that this will have solved everything! Your suggestions on lagging/stuttering helped as well.
Message 8 of 10 (2,102 Views)

Community Manager

@csuperman7 

Did those steps ultimately help so we can mark it as a solution?

Blueberry.png
Message 9 of 10 (2,022 Views)

★ Guide
@EA_Blueberry Sorry for the delay! I still get it from time to time. If I quit the game, repair it, and restart my computer, it fixes it all the time. That might be a bug in the game (which will be near impossible to reproduce, let alone find), but I think it's more likely an issue on my end.
Message 10 of 10 (2,019 Views)