Does Linking Really Make Account Recovery Possible?

by eedddeeeeee

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Does Linking Really Make Account Recovery Possible?

★★ Apprentice

Ok. . I guess if my account was lost completely, then you lost me as a customer. If something as simple as my son creating another account on my device will completely lose my account with no recovery, then I guess I'd rather not chance having the same thing happen again. I am not going to start over from the beginning. Not this game, anyway. It took to long to get as far as where I was in the game. I was level 60 and level 2 master league as per the photos. It took forever and a lot of frustration to get there. I do not understand why I am still getting notifications from my account, and why my account still shows up in my alliance, and why my friends can still send messages to my account, if the account was lost. Obviously it is still there somewhere, but noone from EA Help knows how to get to it. The only answer you can come up with is basically "🤷‍♂️...start over"...I'm sorry, but I think that is a lazy, bs answer... All the games that EA has, and they have NO account recovery ability? Thanks for the help.

Message 1 of 7 (971 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Does Linking Really Make Account Recovery Possible?

★★ Apprentice
Yes, everything is back online. I wont like, I was very nervous, and had to try a couple of times. The first time, it would only recognize the tutorial linked to my email. The 2nd time it pulled up both the tutorial, and my lost account, and I was ecstatic, but it was short lived, because then it would come up with a screen saying that it had to reload the game, and when you clicked on it it would go to the opening loading screen for about 2 minutes, and then started the tutorial process all over again. I did that twice before I guess it finally recognized the account attached to my email and allowed it to load into the game. Thanks.

View in thread

Message 6 of 7 (890 Views)

All Replies

★★ Apprentice

More pics...

Message 2 of 7 (965 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

How I linked account including changing phone or reinstallation:

First of all your account had to be linked. If you didn‘t do this, there is nothing you can do anymore (or linking with facebook, but I didn‘t do it so I can‘t confirm is facebook works). I linked to my mail. When starting the game on a new phone or after a reinstallation, you have to replay the tutorial again. After that you are able to access the menu. From there you can link to your mail. Now EA notices that 2 accounts are connected to your mail: your old one and the new one. So they ask what account you want to use. SELECT YOUR OLD ACCOUNT, OR ELSE ALL YOUR OLD DATA IS LOST!!! Once done, all data is transferred and you can continue where you left off. But for this all to work you must have SUCCESSFULLY linked your account BEFORE the transfer.

The transfer worked for me so I can confirm that it is working correctly.

Message 3 of 7 (937 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

I managed to have one linked to my Facebook account, cause the email address to my facebook account ain't working. I had a different email address for the other account.

Message 4 of 7 (923 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hi @eedddeeeeee,

I just wanted to touch base and see if you were still having issues, or if you had managed to regain access to your account. 

Message 5 of 7 (902 Views)

★★ Apprentice
Yes, everything is back online. I wont like, I was very nervous, and had to try a couple of times. The first time, it would only recognize the tutorial linked to my email. The 2nd time it pulled up both the tutorial, and my lost account, and I was ecstatic, but it was short lived, because then it would come up with a screen saying that it had to reload the game, and when you clicked on it it would go to the opening loading screen for about 2 minutes, and then started the tutorial process all over again. I did that twice before I guess it finally recognized the account attached to my email and allowed it to load into the game. Thanks.
Message 6 of 7 (891 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hooray, I'm glad to hear that it worked out for you Standard smile

Message 7 of 7 (881 Views)