Re: Do confessors need a nerf against armor?

by JadeXyan

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Do confessors need a nerf against armor?

★★ Guide

I haven't really seen confessors being used in high level play and I just faced some for the first time since getting past level 12. I was shocked to find that my level 7 wolverines lost in a 1-on-1 fight against my opponent's level 8 confessors. I think that a wolverine, an armored anti-infantry unit, ought to at least live through and win an encounter against a solitary confessor, an infantry anti-infantry unit, within a 1 level difference.

If there were one infantry unit I'd expect to solo a wolverine it'd be the reaper, maybe even a zone trooper. Definitely not a confessor... Has anybody else run into this?

As a side note, I think this shows just how much we need more hard data/stats on units and support powers. I never would have thought that a confessor would be capable of this, and it stinks to find out about stuff like this in a match.

Message 1 of 8 (796 Views)

Accepted Solution

★ Guide
Yes, they are a touch too strong against what should be armored ground vehicles, there are a good few people running them around the top 10.

This said, I think the solution is to define two types of armor instead of relying on infantry vehicle structure air designations, I don't mind that confessors perform well against what should be lightly armored vehicles like pitbulls, buggies, bikes, etc. The problem is that they also perform well against things that should be heavily armored vehicles like Kodiaks, Wolverines, Tanks, and thats the bit that makes them a bit too good.

View in thread

Message 3 of 8 (886 Views)

All Replies

★★ Apprentice
Confesses are definitely powerful against armored units, but that's just due to their high fire rate. A damage buff against armor would be nice.
Message 2 of 8 (776 Views)

★ Guide
Yes, they are a touch too strong against what should be armored ground vehicles, there are a good few people running them around the top 10.

This said, I think the solution is to define two types of armor instead of relying on infantry vehicle structure air designations, I don't mind that confessors perform well against what should be lightly armored vehicles like pitbulls, buggies, bikes, etc. The problem is that they also perform well against things that should be heavily armored vehicles like Kodiaks, Wolverines, Tanks, and thats the bit that makes them a bit too good.
Message 3 of 8 (887 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

wolverines actually have pretty pitiful dps, you only need to see them trying to kill things like talons or banshees to see they get by more by physical bulk than damaging anything that isn't low health rifles or missiles. They're also cheaper than confessors albeit not by much, but you also don't see a rifle squad beating a zone squad 1v1 even tho the rifles are technically strong vs them.

Confessors are actually more easily defeated by a couple rhinos than a wolverine, the pair of rhinos taking more supply but being cheaper, faster, more damaging, and more healthy than the wolverine.

Message 4 of 8 (748 Views)

★★ Guide

I think that's a really good idea. The older C&C games had many different types of armor between vehicles, infantry, aircraft, etc. I don't think that's too much depth for a mobile game.

Message 5 of 8 (724 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

How do you deal with these pesky Confessors? I know that you would ideally want to use a vehicle that does strong damage to infantry, but options are rather limited there. Not everybody has a Chem Buggy or Flame Tank in their deck. Especially not GDI ;-)

What do you use to fight them? Units, tactics, etc.? 🤔

Message 6 of 8 (579 Views)

★★ Guide
Wolverines do pretty well against them now. Juggernauts annihilate any and all infantry as well.
Message 7 of 8 (557 Views)

★★★ Guide

10 tib dogs do pretty good.  LOL.    I'll run 1 of them and a shock.

When I do see them - when people do get to tech (LOL) then they often run Confessor and Cyborgs - in which case you really do need to go shocks if you plant to actually clear them.

GDI Bombers.... but that takes out just about everything - your own stuff included.

Message 8 of 8 (547 Views)