Do I have to pay EA the $5 / month to play Battlefield 1 online?

by u2jimbo

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Do I have to pay EA the $5 / month to play Battlefield 1 online?

★★★★★ Newbie

I have played all of the Battlefield 1 single player content.  Everything worked great and I really enjoyed the games.  I always saw that I did not have access to online play when I would click on those choices at the main menu.  This made sense since I did not have an XBox gold of Ea subscription.

I purchased the "They Shall Not Pass" game add-on and downloaded it but it does not show up at all in the menu for single player.  Is this add-on only functional for on-line play?  If so, I assume I will need the Xbox Gold account, but do I also need to subscribe to the EA subscription at $5.00/month?

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide to get me up and running...

OrnaryOx

Message 1 of 12 (35,294 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Do I have to pay EA the $5 / month to play Battlefield 1 online?

[ Edited ]

Hey @u2jimbo,

I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed the game. You dont need EA accses to play online, i'ts like Netflix for games. But you will get more things like early access and discount on  games. Please read this https://www.ea.com/eaaccess/en_CA.html 

If you want to play the multiplayer you need  Xbox Gold. They Shall Not Pass is a multiplayer DLC.

Best regards,
ParaMaster

View in thread

Message 2 of 12 (43,204 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]

Hey @u2jimbo,

I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed the game. You dont need EA accses to play online, i'ts like Netflix for games. But you will get more things like early access and discount on  games. Please read this https://www.ea.com/eaaccess/en_CA.html 

If you want to play the multiplayer you need  Xbox Gold. They Shall Not Pass is a multiplayer DLC.

Best regards,
ParaMaster

Message 2 of 12 (43,205 Views)

Betreff: Do I have to pay EA the $5 / month to play Battlefield 1 online?

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Hi @u2jimbo,

the TSNP DLC is an extension and belongs to the multiplayer. It has nothing to do with the single player. To play multiplayer, you'll need an XBox Gold membership. You didn't need EA Access or Origin Access to play the multiplayer just XBox Gold. Just buy XBox Gold and have funWink 

/safer

Message 3 of 12 (35,266 Views)

@u2jimboYou only need xbox members to play online games,I wish you a happy gameStandard smile

Message 4 of 12 (35,239 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Assassinatorgrz:

Thanks for responding to my post.  I have gotten an Xbox Gold account and am up and running.  I was stumped for a little while cause after getting Xbox Gold I was still seeing a message that online access was not available, but finally, after running through all my set-up configurations for my Xbox, I found that by going into the game, choosing the multiplayer content (and still seeing the 'denied' message) I could press the 'x' key and the game would try to reconnect to the Battlefield 1 servers.  Once I did, it started right up and I was off and running.  Such a simple solution that, had I known about it, it would have saved me a few hours of tinkering instead of playing...

Just saying EA - offer amateur gamers like me more in-game instructions on how to solve 'simple' issues like this.  It is hard to search the internet through Xbox!

Message 5 of 12 (35,219 Views)

EA Community Manager

Hey @u2jimbo,

glad to see you're up and running now - just in case you should run into any issues (which hopefully won't happen), you know where to look for advice.

See you on the Battlefield!

Message 6 of 12 (35,162 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Im experiencing a different problem. I bought the Xbox 1 bundle back which came with a free one month subscription to battlefield 1, my subscription has run out and I cannot launch my game, I keep getting a error code telling me I need to manage my subscriptions and I know my Xbox Gold is covered. Do I have to subscribe to play?

Message 7 of 12 (34,971 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@BoneMarrow99 wrote:

Im experiencing a different problem. I bought the Xbox 1 bundle back which came with a free one month subscription to battlefield 1, my subscription has run out and I cannot launch my game, I keep getting a error code telling me I need to manage my subscriptions and I know my Xbox Gold is covered. Do I have to subscribe to play?

It could be that it came with EA Access. You will need to subscribe to EA Access to continue playing Battlefield 1. You can subscribe to it for a year and it would only cost you $30, instead of $5 per month.
Message 8 of 12 (34,965 Views)

EA Community Manager

Hey @BoneMarrow99,

to add to the above: There's two different subscriptions that may come into play here:

1. EA Access.

You can get an EA Access subscription which allows you to play the games in the EA Access Vault - which includes the Battlefield 1 base game - without having to purchase it, dor the duration of your subscription.

2. Xbox Live Gold

You need an active Xbox Live Gold membership in order to be able to play the multiplayer online portion of most of the games, this is charged by Microsoft.

So you would need either

- Battlefield 1 game + Active Xbox Live Gold membership

- EA Access subscription + Active Xbox Live Gold membership

Message 9 of 12 (34,931 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have XBox Live Gold and I'm still getting the error message that I'm not eligible to play multiplayer.  Any other settings I need to change?  

Message 10 of 12 (23,522 Views)