Re: Division Rivals New Match Making Mechanism?!

by EA_Cade

Original Post

Division Rivals New Match Making Mechanism?!

★★★ Novice

For some weird reason from 3-4 days ago i can hardly find a match in division rivals (Div 3 - Skill rating of ~2000)

only time to time the system matches me with somebody of my own region (middle east) but most of the time

it just searches and searches then "THERE WERE NO OPPONENTS FOUND..."

can somebody explain this? before this i was matched against random people under 3 seconds and the latency

was quite playable... Frown

Message 1 of 8 (500 Views)

Community Manager

@pandemoniuumm Hey there, what system is this happening on?

EACade
Message 2 of 8 (474 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@EA_Cade 

Hey Buddy,

I play on PC, from what i get EA has modified the match making system so people only get matched with ones at their region (for the sake of better latency?)

now whenever (rarely) i find a match the latency is really better than how it was most of the times before, but the things is it's 1 week that i have failed to play

one division rivals match due to the system's inability of finding me a proper opponent (DIV 3 - Skill 2000)

also right now that I'm writing this I have played 16 weekend league matches (13 won) but again I'm stuck cuz it seems not enough people playing in my region

are at this rank...

dude this needs some kinda solution...

maybe let us play against people of other continents when there are not enough people around?!

Message 3 of 8 (459 Views)

Community Manager

@pandemoniuumm Thanks, if you go into the Customize tab and then Online Settings - Matchmaking does the IP Based Matchmaking show on or off?

EACade
Message 4 of 8 (443 Views)

★★★ Novice
tried both modes and it has almost no visible effect...
Message 5 of 8 (437 Views)

★★★ Novice
i was hoping that "NO" would make it find a greater no. of opponents but to no avail.
Message 6 of 8 (436 Views)

Community Manager

Hmm, not showing any issues at the moment on our side. I would suggest taking a look at our Connection troubleshooting steps which you can find here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/connection-troubleshooting-basic/

Not to say the problem is on your end, but those steps may help regardless. 

EACade
Message 7 of 8 (433 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@EA_Cade 

This issue is still ongoing Cade...

in the Weekend League:

2 weeks ago i got to Rank 96

1 week ago i got to Rank 13

this week i got to Elite 3

so it shouldn't be my setting/router/connection/port forwarding and such stuff that I'm still unable to play 1 single Division Rivals match - considering the fact that with the same setting on my side i was able to play division rivals with no issues prior to this happening ~ 1 month ago - due to the game's inability of finding me an opponent!

This is really weird! is it related to Iran's sanctions or has EA implemented new server setting for Middle East area?

If i don't play my weekend league for 1 week then my FIFA 19 is gone for good. (I can't play division rivals - stuck at DIV 3 Skill 2030) and if i don't qualify through weekend league there will be no way to get qualification of the next weekend.

your help is highly appreciated!

p.s. 1 - to my knowledge all my fellow gamers in Iran are suffering from the same issue, i can ask them to post their comments below here if required.

p.s. 2 - btw, in the weekend now i mostly get matched against people of my own region, neighboring countries, so my guess is that something has changed in matchmaking.

Message 8 of 8 (330 Views)