Disruptor needs a base damage nerf

by iLikeToSnipe21

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Disruptor needs a base damage nerf

★★ Guide

The Disruptor needs a serious, ASAP nerf to base damage. It takes only 4 shots to kill a base from full health. If you manage to launch the first missile you can easily kill the enemy base with one before they have any time to counter it.

I'm just stomping people with it right now. Feels pretty unfair.

Message 1 of 21 (1,098 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Disruptor needs a base damage nerf

★★★ Newbie

@iLikeToSnipe21 wrote:

It takes only 4 shots to kill a base from full health.

I can confirm that a LV10 Disruptor (with no training) did at least 15847 damage a hit from two tiles away (my base was LV10 with 3 training).  The Disruptor always used to be strong against bases, but this feels like the early days of Flame Tank rush.

My guess is the change to disruptors for base damage didn’t scale like the patch notes said.  It was supposed to be 250 damage to 400.  Based off scaling, a LV8 Disruptor does 1100dps, and a LV10 does 1300.  Things are relatively linear, so a LV1 Disruptor would be doing 400.  The tooltips are correct.  But the Disruptor shoots once every 6-8 seconds (I can’t remember).  At LV10, that should be 10,600.  So it feels more like 250 damage went to 600.

View in thread

Message 5 of 21 (1,046 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

it did receive nerf this patch uh?

Message 2 of 21 (1,079 Views)

★★ Guide
If it did, it did almost nothing. In the event I can still 4 shot a base.
Message 3 of 21 (1,067 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@iLikeToSnipe21 wrote:
If it did, it did almost nothing. In the event I can still 4 shot a base.

Especially when you pair it up with Jackson. That thing scurries across the screen and kills the base in 4 seconds flat. Lol

Message 4 of 21 (1,057 Views)

★★★ Newbie

@iLikeToSnipe21 wrote:

It takes only 4 shots to kill a base from full health.

I can confirm that a LV10 Disruptor (with no training) did at least 15847 damage a hit from two tiles away (my base was LV10 with 3 training).  The Disruptor always used to be strong against bases, but this feels like the early days of Flame Tank rush.

My guess is the change to disruptors for base damage didn’t scale like the patch notes said.  It was supposed to be 250 damage to 400.  Based off scaling, a LV8 Disruptor does 1100dps, and a LV10 does 1300.  Things are relatively linear, so a LV1 Disruptor would be doing 400.  The tooltips are correct.  But the Disruptor shoots once every 6-8 seconds (I can’t remember).  At LV10, that should be 10,600.  So it feels more like 250 damage went to 600.

Message 5 of 21 (1,047 Views)

★★ Guide

Wow, so a charged up Disruptor killed my base (after the 2nd nuke) before my Scorpion Tank could get off his second shot. Imagine that.

Message 6 of 21 (1,027 Views)

★ Guide

I'm surprised people JUST now found out about this xD it's been like this since the launch of the game.

And they DID nerf the damage latest patch, it did EVEN more before. I've 3-shot a base with the double tile damage before. Now I need 4 shots. So they did indeed nerf the beam from 3 to 4 shots to kill a base.

Message 7 of 21 (995 Views)

★ Guide

It does seem better than ever, a charged up disruptor is impossible to counter before it can fire twice. I've spammed stealth tanks and it still killed my base (third missile so 50%), very annoying.  It is at least much more common now but I can't even copy the tactic because of levels. 

Message 8 of 21 (966 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hi @iLikeToSnipe21,

Thanks for you feedback on the Disruptor. I know the balance team keeps an eye on all units after changes have been made, but I'll pass along your feedback Standard smile

Message 9 of 21 (962 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

I faced a guy earlier that built two Harvesters, ignored the decks and just sent two Disruptors straight for my base. I obviously won the first missile, destroyed his Harvesters a few times... and then lost in seconds. Literally seconds. I was firing on one Disruptor with 2 Banshees and he Jackson’d the one I couldn’t get two... and my full health base was down. IN SECONDS!

And this is why rebuilding Harvesters shouldn’t be free. 

Message 10 of 21 (928 Views)