Digital download activation code on physical copy

by funolis

Original Post

Digital download activation code on physical copy

★ Novice

Greetings,

I am planning to purchase a physical DVD ROM copy of Battlefield 1 (because that's what my local store sells), however my PC has no optical drive. My question is, can I still download and install the game digitally, using the code that comes with the DVD copy?

Message 1 of 5 (2,536 Views)

Re: Digital download activation code on physical copy

★★★★★ Expert

Hi @funolis

I'm not sure but i think yes, you will do download the game (something that is not necessary with the physical version), but for me an activation code enough to activate it on origin.

Just waiting more confirmation because i'm not sure at 100%.

Maybe the simplest for you is to buy a digital version Standard smile.

Just warning do not buy an used game, because activation code is affiliated with the account of first buyer.

Message 2 of 5 (2,524 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@funolis Hello,

Usually, a product code for the game should be inside the DVD-Box and can be activated in your Origin client or Customer Portal: https://myaccount.ea.com/cp-ui/redemption/index

Message 3 of 5 (2,506 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
So my think is confirmed! Standard smile
Message 4 of 5 (2,504 Views)

EA Community Manager

I can confirm this.

To add some extra info here: Even if you do have a physical disc that contains the data, you will need the product code. This is the important part. While you can register the game with a code and no disc, you cannot do so with a disc and no code.

Pop in the code, register it on your account, the game is added to your library and you can download it from there!

Message 5 of 5 (2,479 Views)