Re: Did Footsteps change?

by Its_Travis_199

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Did Footsteps change?

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Is it just me or did footsteps sounds change in game? What I have been noticing for almost a month now is that I can no longer tell the difference between friendly and enemy footsteps. From the time I purchased the game until then I could very easily tell if it was a team mate or an enemy in a house or just running around. If it was changed can I make any audio changes to bring it back to the way it was? I wouldn't say I relied on it for my game play but it was very much part of my game play to listen. 

Wasn't sure where to post this so I hope here is ok. TIA 

Edit: This is on PC with Corsair VOID PRO RGB Wireless Gaming Headset. 

Message 1 of 8 (725 Views)

Accepted Solution

@SG4HiSpeedJnkie

As far as we know, no changes has been made on the footsteps sounds.

The only change which might make it different to friendly/enemy (not for all of them) is one of the Perks/Specializations.

Since we got the Perks into the Game, there is one which reduce the sound of your footsteps.

It's called "Slink" - Sound of your footsteps is reduced!

So that's the only difference you can notice at this point, from time to time. Standard smile

CCP Hero Banner 1 Grande.png

View in thread

Message 4 of 8 (895 Views)

All Replies

Champion (Retired)
Can't say I've ever noticed a difference and it would seem a bit weird if there ever was. I feel like I've noticed footsteps a bit more recently but just put that down to coincidence.
Message 2 of 8 (714 Views)

★★ Guide

It's almost as if team mate steps were much quieter in the past and now they are all the same. As I try to remember when I noticed it I think it was the Easter Patch but I could be wrong. Nothing changed on my end with either hardware or drivers. Not even a new Windows update. 

Message 3 of 8 (704 Views)

@SG4HiSpeedJnkie

As far as we know, no changes has been made on the footsteps sounds.

The only change which might make it different to friendly/enemy (not for all of them) is one of the Perks/Specializations.

Since we got the Perks into the Game, there is one which reduce the sound of your footsteps.

It's called "Slink" - Sound of your footsteps is reduced!

So that's the only difference you can notice at this point, from time to time. Standard smile

Message 4 of 8 (896 Views)

★★ Guide

@Its_Travis_199

I completely forgot about the Specializations! I might have to play around with them to see if the ones I have running make a change or just that the enemy is running "slink" or similar. This has really been bugging me so I appreciate the help.

Message 5 of 8 (679 Views)

@SG4HiSpeedJnkie

You're welcome. Standard smile

That's the only footsteps sound changing thing that i know which we got in BF1.

So if you didn't change any settings, this should be the only case that could make a difference i guess.

See you on the Battlefield!

Message 6 of 8 (674 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I actually noticed today that enemies footsteps are signifigantly louder ..

I must capture some gameplay and get back on this one.

Message 7 of 8 (574 Views)

Who knows if we might got some not noticed changes on that during the whole time of BF1. Wink

Message 8 of 8 (565 Views)