Re: Devious Cheese is broken! Please fix it PopCap!

by JusticeHeroX

Original Post

★★★★★ Guide
@illinois1977 They removed it now. It just says One-sided gnome bomb.
Message 11 of 18 (569 Views)

★★★ Guide

I hope they didn't give up fixing the event. Frown

Message 12 of 18 (552 Views)

Message 13 of 18 (541 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

I like the original gnome bomb, back and forward. One-sided gnome bomb feel plain to me.

Message 14 of 18 (499 Views)

★ Guide

This weekend, I played this mode. Still no neutral gnomes. I think that might make it a lot more fun. Now, you just look for the bomb and blaze away. Not a lot of strategy. 

Message 15 of 18 (472 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

@crazydave0923 wrote:

This weekend, I played this mode. Still no neutral gnomes. I think that might make it a lot more fun. Now, you just look for the bomb and blaze away. Not a lot of strategy. 

Actually... the more I played this mode, the more I liked it.  Much like Taco Panic, you had to be creative to win (on either side), if the teams were fair.

When on plants, instead of looking for the bomb and being obliterated by an overpowered zombie team, I’d set up two goo pots next to a capture point and with little to no help, could stop oncoming teams rather effectively.

On zombies, wait for imps to mech up and follow them with scientists, toxic/party brains, roadie, all-star, etc. and attack simultaneously.  Gamers who main imps can wait for the bomb to be placed and imp grenade/impkata the disarming team... these techniques worked especially well with even 1-2 capable teammates.

Played several hours with @dwooten77 and we realized it was pretty fun with full servers and fair teams.

I didn’t initially care for this mode, either.

Side note: The descriptor for this mode/portal event now denotes its only one sided gnome bomb.  That’s my only complaint with the mode and this entire series as a whole (don’t announce settings that haven’t been tested).

=)

Message 16 of 18 (465 Views)

★★ Guide
Spoiler

Spoiler
Wow and this whole time I’m like Gnomes attacking both teams what in the world are they talking about? There’s no gnomes here! 
Message 17 of 18 (462 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@spIash_damage We did a couple rounds with ice peas and it was pretty fun.  We had to stick together to instantly freeze people.  I had a blast in this mode for sure.  Hope it becomes a regular thing.  Even without the gnomes.

Message 18 of 18 (454 Views)