Deleted Pre-made Holiday simply reappear in next year

by justbugreportin

Original Post

Deleted Pre-made Holiday simply reappear in next year

★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? latest
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Just delete all pre-made Holidays.
What happens when the bug occurs? Some of them simply reappear next year: especially, Rebate Day, Lottery, New Skill Day. These add themselves silently, without NOTICE.
What do you expect to see? I just want clean calendar so I can fill my own event. Why are you forcing people to obey your "tradition"? I've already deleted, so don't appear this again.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Message 1 of 4 (1,875 Views)

Re: Deleted Pre-made Holiday simply reappear in next year

Champion
The ones you mentioned - lottery, rebate and new skill - aren't fixed events on the calendar though, those are the additional random ones that pop up to make the week more interesting. They don't show up on the calendar until a few days before they happen.

So they pop up on the calendar without notice by design, I'd say. So I wouldn't call this a bug. Maybe you should post this on the feedback section of the forums and suggest they add a toggle off option in the menu for dynamicly generated events?
Message 2 of 4 (1,858 Views)

Hero

Moving this to game info as feedback

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 4 (1,821 Views)

★★★ Novice

Rebate, Lottery, and New Skill are meant to reappear, since they happen randomly.

This is written in the code, and even if you delete the holiday it will reappear again. (Only for re, lottery, new skill, etc.)

About the others, like Winterfest, I don't know why your game is doing that.

Did you save after deleting the holidays?

What I reccomend:

1. Delete all holidays that need to be deleted
  2. Save after done
  3. Exit and come back into the game
  4. Wait until the next year. (Sims. Sims year. Not 365 days from now.)

If this helped, I'm glad I could help.

If not, I'm sorry.

Message 4 of 4 (1,767 Views)