Defenders leaving receivers open

by osley17

Original Post

Re: Defenders leaving receivers open

★★★ Apprentice

@EA_Blueberry You're welcome and thanks for responding. That Linebacker's Overall is 86 and his Awareness is 88.  The other Linebacker is in the same coverage and does not leave his assignment.  I've seen this happen in multiple coverages.  Zone and Man to Man.  The computer pulls the defender out of position so the QB can make the pass.

Message 11 of 22 (1,834 Views)

Community Manager
@Alphaten Do you know if you might be clicking the right stick so it prompts you to go to the closest player to the QB?
Blueberry.png
Message 12 of 22 (1,810 Views)

★★★★ Novice

The player isn't doing anything wrong. I consistently get these same issues. Its broken and it needs to be fixed.

Message 13 of 22 (1,777 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Hi @EA_Blueberry, to answer your question, no, I'm not clicking the right stick. From the video I include with my previous post, you can see the player I'm controlling is on the line of scrimmage and I do not change off of that player.  You can see the pass rush moves over my head if you are looking at the video.  There is a bug/glitch in the game where defensive player will get pulled out of coverage so the opponent can make a completion.  I'm also not sure why clicking the right stick would make a player I'm not controlling leave their coverage and run to the Quarterback who is 15 yards away.

Message 14 of 22 (1,754 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@Alphaten Yes! This happens to me CONSTANTLY! It's infuriating. Just like you, I'm not controlling the player either when it happens. I started noticing a lot of wide open CPU receivers, even when I called a D that should have had a defender right there. I started checking those plays in IR, and that's when I noticed this weirdness. And I've had it happen on different formations, too.
Message 15 of 22 (1,686 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Yeah, its still happening for me @DeadSer. Hopefully EA can address it soon. It doesn't make sense to call a proper defense set and have the computer/game move you out of your coverage.

Message 16 of 22 (1,620 Views)

★★★ Novice

This is still an issue.  Any update on fix, I can't play franchise because 2 or 3 times a game my defenders just completely leave their assignments / zones so there are 3+ open receivers  = opponent TD every time.  Also noticed that pressing triangle will sometimes bring up right button options and vice versa = so I have stopped doing that altogether, yet this issue still persists. 

Message 17 of 22 (1,497 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@EA_Blueberry No, the defender just goes off assignment and blitz the Qb, it’s either the defender that covers tight end or running back that does the glitch. So frustrating……
Message 18 of 22 (1,432 Views)

★ Novice

This was happening to me too then I figured it out. I found it happens when you use the d lineman and make a move. This is because I was accidentally clicking in the right stick while making the d line move. Clicking the right stick while on defense causes the defender in coverage closest to the qb to abandon coverage and blitz. So just be careful when making a move not to click the stick in. 

Message 19 of 22 (1,396 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@KingTBeck2 If that is the cause EA has to fix their controls then. If I'm playing as a Defensive Lineman, the way to get my moves off is to push the right stick.

I feel like it happens when the Computer is about to pass and the defender that moves is the place where the QB passes.
Message 20 of 22 (1,390 Views)