Defenders leaving receivers open

by osley17

Original Post

Defenders leaving receivers open

★ Novice

Even after the Sept 8th update, I'll consistently have defenders blowing off their man coverage and blitz. This leaving the receivers wide open. 

Message 1 of 22 (6,240 Views)

Re: Defenders leaving receivers open

★★★ Newbie
@osley17 I am constantly having this problem as well.
Message 2 of 22 (6,207 Views)

Defenders bailing from man and zone coverage to blitz

★ Novice

Product: Madden NFL 21
Platform:PC
Which console generation do you have?
What is your gamertag/PSN ID?
Date/time issue occurred Since launch
What type of issue do you have? Gameplay
Which mode has this happened in? Franchise Mode
Which part of the mode? Cloud
What is your Franchise League Name? Classic Franchise
Summarize your bug Defenders in zone coverage and man coverage abandon assignments and blitz.
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Run cover 2 sink and watch you mlb or olb blitz every time
What happens when the bug occurs? I lose
What do you expect to see? players running the correct play
PS4 Crash Reporting: Please copy the text you put in the crash report here.
What is the AMD or Nvidia Model Number of your graphics card? RTX 2080 ti
Enter RAM memory size in GB

Message 3 of 22 (6,186 Views)

Defensive coverage

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Product: Madden NFL 21
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which console generation do you have? PlayStation 4
What is your gamertag/PSN ID? willgeo85
Date/time issue occurred Aug 28th
What type of issue do you have? Gameplay
Which mode has this happened in? Franchise Mode
Which part of the mode? Cloud
What is your Franchise League Name? N/A
Summarize your bug The defender on defense is leaving their assignments on man to man coverage
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play defense and you will see the linebacker blitz instead of saying with their defender and the safety as well.
What happens when the bug occurs? It leaves the receiver wide open while the defender goes after the Quarterback
What do you expect to see? it being Normal again and the defenders staying on their man
PS4 Crash Reporting: Please copy the text you put in the crash report here.
What is the AMD or Nvidia Model Number of your graphics card? NA
Enter RAM memory size in GB NA

It’s not allowing me to attach the video or screen shot is their is anyway you can tell me a better way please do. 

Message 4 of 22 (6,185 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
  • Yes!!! Me too!! Super annoying and makes me not want to play. 
Message 5 of 22 (6,067 Views)

Community Manager

Are you sure you all aren't accidentally selecting the stick and making an adjustments. Other players reported this in the EA Madden forums and came to realization this was due to user error.

https://forums.ea.com/en/madden-nfl/discussion/262490/players-leaving-assignment-to-blitz#latest

https://forums.ea.com/en/madden-nfl/discussion/263072/pressing-down-on-rs-for-bull-rush-causes-lineb...

Blueberry.png
Message 6 of 22 (6,048 Views)

Defenders being pulled in direction of QB

★★★ Apprentice

When defenders are covering a zone, space or man, when the QB goes to throw the ball the game moves that player out of their position/zone or man coverage and makes them run towards the computer.  9 times out of 10, the player that is being moved is leaving his spot and the computer is now throwing to that empty spot.  Can you look into why this is happening? It doesn't make sense why someone who is yards away from the QB will leave a man or coverage to start running towards the QB.

Message 7 of 22 (6,006 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I'm still having this issue as well.  I'm not controlling that player and they are leaving/moving out of their zone so the receiver is left open.  It's frustrating that your coverage is moving when it shouldn't be.  If you need video footage, please let me know.  i can record a clip and post it in here.

Message 8 of 22 (5,925 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Screen-Shot-2020-10-15-at-9.26.19-PM.png

As you can see my player highlighted (Harris the linebacker) is playing a Hook/Curl Zone.  The clip below shows him leaving the zone and rushing to the QB who is 15 yards away.  He runs to the QB as the QB is about to throw the ball... keep in mind the QB is 15 yards away.  Logic would have him stay in zone and cover the receiver. However, he runs towards the QB and leaves his zone so the CPU can complete a pass.  This happens way too often.

Here is a clip - It's about a minute long (the last half of the clip is me replaying the issue) - https://youtu.be/NFFZP3yvY94

Message 9 of 22 (5,924 Views)

Community Manager
@Alphaten Thanks for the example, that was a little strange.

What are the stats on that linebacker, OVR and awareness? I'm almost like the player was going to intercept the pass and suddenly gave up.

Does it always happen on that Cover 4 play?
Blueberry.png
Message 10 of 22 (5,868 Views)