Re: Data Pack Shard Drop Rate Percentages

by fitches001

Original Post

Data Pack Shard Drop Rate Percentages

★★ Novice

Dear EA,

Can you please post what the percentages are for each of the potential drop rates for data packs in the store and if they the same for each character?

So for example, with the Kylo Ren (Unmasked) data pack currently in store:

5 shards         10% (?)

7 shards         50% (?)

10 shards......

and so on.

I've searched but been unable to find any information relating to this.

Thanks

Message 1 of 5 (772 Views)

EA DICE Team

Hey @fitches001 thansk for the question. 

We don't have the information you are looking for in therms of % in the boxes for the items. It does state on the boxes that you do have chance getting a character or item depending on a pack. 

That is all information I got for you on this. 

/Atic 

Message 2 of 5 (720 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi,

Thanks for the reply, but unfortunately I don't find your answer acceptable.

I believe that under UK law, those probabilities should be made available.  So I ask you once more, can you please provide the drop rates for those packs.

If you are not able to provide this information, can you please explain exactly why you cannot, as I will take this further with the relevant UK authorities.

Thanks

Message 3 of 5 (715 Views)

★★ Novice
Constant rip off u would think ea would like ppl that buy stuff
Message 4 of 5 (597 Views)

★★ Guide
They don't want you to know that you more than likely have less that .01% of a chance a 330 shards. It most likely has to do with how it's programmed, that determines the "odds". I did a program class in college, that taught how to simulate a dice roll, then simulate any quantity of dice rolls that you want. Probably same concept, like they have a million numbers it can choose from, and if you hit 7, 45 or 1243, you get 330 shards, or 15, 585 will get you 50 and most of the others will drop 5-30.
Message 5 of 5 (549 Views)