Re: DBs > WRs

by Neo_Novalis

Original Post

DBs > WRs

★★ Newbie

Look, I love Madden. But the AI interactions between Defensive Backs and Wide Receivers is just silly. I'll throw up a lob pass to a 1-on-1 coverage, press and hold the "aggressive catch" with my WR, and WAY too often, the DB, playing the ball, is the ONLY one to go for the ball and then gets the INT every time. This needs to be fixed. The balance is way off. PvP, any deep pass will always be intercepted just by switching to the defender and holding in the "go for the ball" button. It is utterly broken and unrealistic. Please please please address this. 

Message 1 of 2 (163 Views)

Re: DBs > WRs

@cfielder09 I agree that the WR vs. DB duells are quite unrealistic in total. as far as I know, one has to release the catch button early enough (not holding the button during a contested catch) in order to trigger a successful catch before the DB is able to intercept it. but frankly, I'm very bad in doing successful 1-on-1 catches since I do not play a lot H2H and therefore do not really try it to find the correct timing (and it is easy to beat the AI defense as soon as you know how to read the defense pre-snap...).

maybe it is worth to invest some time in practice mode to find out the best timing to win 1-on-1 catches?

hope that helps. good luck!

____________________________________________________________________________________
        Positive Play - Feel the emotions, but be aware what they are telling you!
Joy: you like it! Anger: you don't like it! Frustration: you don't like it but cannot do
     anything against it! Aggression: you don't like it and want to break something.
____________________________________________________________________________________
                   Tell everybody (@joy), give constructive feedback (@anger),
                    ask for help (frustration), and have a break (@aggression)!
                     I try to help out other players, but I'm not an EA employee

Message 2 of 2 (137 Views)