Re: Customized squads and created players deleted in Career mode - FIFA 19

by jovel82

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Customized squads and created players deleted in Career mode - FIFA 19

★★★ Novice

Hello,

My problem is:

I edited the squad of a club (basically, transferred some players from other clubs), in order to play the Manager Mode in Career with the modified squad, as I used to do in previous versions of the game. However, when I created the Career, it started to download the latest squads automatically, overwriting all the changes I made.

In previous FIFAs, there was always an option to play the Career with the current, latest or customized squads. But it seems that you are obligated to play with the latest squads.

I saw many other players claiming this same issue (created players, edited stadiums, etc. were mentioned as well as being deleted in Career Mode) and it is very disappointing not being able to modify a squad and to play with it. Unfortunately, I couldn't find any solution or official statement from EA for this problem.

It would be really nice to receive some answers for this.

Best regards.

Message 1 of 21 (56,817 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

It happened to me the first time I tried it too. What you need to do is hit the cancel button as the game is downloading the latest squad update, then you’ll be able to start your career with your edited squads. Create backups for your edited rosters as the game will sometimes save the update over your roster save. Hope that helps.

View in thread

Message 2 of 21 (56,755 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

It happened to me the first time I tried it too. What you need to do is hit the cancel button as the game is downloading the latest squad update, then you’ll be able to start your career with your edited squads. Create backups for your edited rosters as the game will sometimes save the update over your roster save. Hope that helps.

Message 2 of 21 (56,756 Views)

★★★ Novice

Jovel32,

Thank you for your help! 

I edited the squads, created a new Career and selected to use the current squads. All worked. This time, no message appeared regarding the download (don't know why). But I will always be aware of it and hit the cancel if it appears.

Best regards.

Message 3 of 21 (56,742 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Where is the cansel button on xbox One?
Message 4 of 21 (56,674 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

LuizGianesini,

Glad you were able to play the game your way. I spend hours editing my squads before I start a career so it was very frustrating when the game saved the update over my roster. Now I make several backups to protect my edits from being deleted. Have fun my friend!

Message 5 of 21 (56,646 Views)

★ Apprentice

This happened to me too, I spent ages editing my teams, squads and stadiums, saved them (don't know why stadiums like Hampden, Parkhead and Ibrox aren't in it anyway) and went to start a career mode and it is all gone and when I load my saved squads it doesn't work it must have saved over them! Can't explain how raging I am at this, absolute joke!

Message 6 of 21 (56,325 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I finally finished my story with Alex Hunter and now trying to play career mode( Dont really do FUT) and after hours of changing things. Getting my Celtic where they should be and them * down the street. I go to create my players and edit a few more teams and boom it was all for nothing. 

Message 7 of 21 (53,886 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thank you. I'll go try this right now 

Message 8 of 21 (53,885 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Gonna try again but which button is the cancel button? Spent ages tweaking squads thought I saved then ugh it downloaded as I started a new Career Mode ugh.
Message 9 of 21 (51,513 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm insanely enraged at this because it is the second time it has happened and I had spent days beforehand editing and creating custom players. I wish that EA would make it clearer what to do in this situation and I am furious at them for not doing so. Hours of time that could have been spent otherwise have been wasted and like I said I am not happy. This should not be happening.

Message 10 of 21 (49,927 Views)