Re: Customization is coming to Rivals

by spartandeath1026

Original Post

★★★★ Apprentice

@Marine_CorporaI I would totally agree if there isn't one massive mistake or underestimate from you.

This nobody is a lot of Players and a good % pays like hell. Best example was earlier today. I played vs one opponent of Master III, who played this game since 3 month (with avg. 150 Matches each side) but has his whole Deck full of 13+ Units.

If he didn't have any kind of hack or exploit, he must payed have paid more than 6k € for this Deck. Calculated on actually store prices on the Deck he'd build. And that's where things getting really strange!

I'm a just for fun Poker Player off- and online. I'd the honor to talk to one of a department leader from the biggest room out there and we came to the hottest topic for them eligible Gaming and licenses. What those rooms have to do and especially to pay to get those licenses - even for Playmoney gambler is ridiculous, especially if you compared to Brands like EA which didn't do anything else but hide it under Lootboxen, special offer, crates, whatever and have no consequences to fear.

This guy has (imo) a serious problem and instead of having active prevention EA just cash. Here's where I hope Belgium will move on and can win. As soon as EAs (f2p)-games are classified as gambling, this will end instantly.

Message 11 of 34 (753 Views)

★ Apprentice

I better see more kane player and a lot of units need a buff and nerf especially the banshee fighting a smae level attack bike cant even kill 1 bike from 1 hit

Message 12 of 34 (722 Views)

[ Edited ]

@MarcT22186 wrote:

@Marine_CorporaI I would totally agree if there isn't one massive mistake or underestimate from you.

This nobody is a lot of Players and a good % pays like hell. Best example was earlier today. I played vs one opponent of Master III, who played this game since 3 month (with avg. 150 Matches each side) but has his whole Deck full of 13+ Units.

If he didn't have any kind of hack or exploit, he must payed have paid more than 6k € for this Deck. Calculated on actually store prices on the Deck he'd build. And that's where things getting really strange!

I'm a just for fun Poker Player off- and online. I'd the honor to talk to one of a department leader from the biggest room out there and we came to the hottest topic for them eligible Gaming and licenses. What those rooms have to do and especially to pay to get those licenses - even for Playmoney gambler is ridiculous, especially if you compared to Brands like EA which didn't do anything else but hide it under Lootboxen, special offer, crates, whatever and have no consequences to fear.

This guy has (imo) a serious problem and instead of having active prevention EA just cash. Here's where I hope Belgium will move on and can win. As soon as EAs (f2p)-games are classified as gambling, this will end instantly.

Sure some pay. Obviously not enough since EA keeps tripping over itself with ridiculous ideas that don't seem to be working and constantly thinking up of more ways to produce revenue when the last way didn't work. It apparently isn't enough the way it is now and will never be enough unless they lower their prices.

As it is there are far more players that never pay or rarely pay compared to the ones that do. That's due to the expensive prices for items that are crapshoots to get what you need.

If they kept the game free but made specific things cost a dollar, more people would pay a dollar to get a specific thing they wanted instead of 20 bucks for a crate that may not have what you want in it.

I don't know how many downloads there are of this game but for arguments sake let's say it's one million. Out of that million, they might have 100 or so people in any given day buy an Epic crate for a ridiculous price to try and get a certain card. But if it was only a dollar, they would probably have half a million in any given day pay the dollar to get the specific card they wanted. 

Message 13 of 34 (717 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Agreed
Message 14 of 34 (665 Views)

★★★ Newbie
They cash grab so hare.. pay to win
Message 15 of 34 (664 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@Jotaquest this is just not true, also this topic isn't about pay 2 win and MarineCpl weren't discussing about pay 2 win!
This game isn't a classic p2w game, because even without spending you can be competitive. Spending money gaves you an advantage by lvl (= better attributes), but at the end of the day you can beat Players with high lvl Units and this lvl is capped.
If you're new to this game and only have lower lvl Units (~ lvl 7), it really feels like p2w, but as soon as you understand this game and find some strategy, tactics and Decks fitting to your playing style lvl isn't that much important.
Another fact is, if you've no skill in a game, it may becomes a pay 2 win title, but this doesn't make it more true.
Message 16 of 34 (655 Views)

@MarcT22186 wrote:
@Jotaquestthis is just not true, also this topic isn't about pay 2 win and MarineCpl weren't discussing about pay 2 win!
This game isn't a classic p2w game, because even without spending you can be competitive. Spending money gaves you an advantage by lvl (= better attributes), but at the end of the day you can beat Players with high lvl Units and this lvl is capped.
If you're new to this game and only have lower lvl Units (~ lvl 7), it really feels like p2w, but as soon as you understand this game and find some strategy, tactics and Decks fitting to your playing style lvl isn't that much important.
Another fact is, if you've no skill in a game, it may becomes a pay 2 win title, but this doesn't make it more true.

This is correct. I have encountered players with extremely high level units all 10 and above when I was at Diamond league and beat them easily. It felt like some of these players were brand new and just paid to level up without gaining experience. They would do stupid things like constantly protecting their harvesters from attack in the beginning of the game while totally ignoring my shockwave troopers hitting their base or my one unit of drones getting the first missile. It never occurred to them to clear the pads and forget about keeping their double harvester going.

Message 17 of 34 (644 Views)

★★★★ Novice
This is where I check out. I will not install v1.5. What a waste of developer resources. Who do you have writing your requirements? 6th graders? How about new maps instead? Or a better "fair" matching methodology? Or... Or... Or..

Way to go EA - I had a feeling you were really going to screw up this franchise and you did - in only four short months.
Message 18 of 34 (603 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Agree with you.  I can see it now, the CEO is sitting around the table, whole team is eating gummy bears just like the Haribo commercial, while they agreed this was a good idea.

Message 19 of 34 (599 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Talking about "customization"
Isn't it time to add a fourth slot for deck configs?
Wouldn't you like to encourage the players to try all four commanders?
I would really like to set up decks for all four commanders and cycle through them in each and every other game or so, just to have some versatility in my play style.
Message 20 of 34 (575 Views)