Create A Team NHL 21

by flowmdaddy

Original Post

Create A Team NHL 21

★★★ Newbie

Is there any way to give the create a team feature a few bumps? For example: Adding Custom Logos that can be uploaded, playing vs friends online with a custom team, having a community roster vault where people can download rosters, etc. Just a few ideas for you guys it seems as if the create aspect of the game hasn't received much attention the last few copies. Personally I think NHL 20 is flawless, besides the creating features. Another thing I would like to see implemented is connected franchises so I could have a franchise, and a friend could have another one in the same league. Not expecting to see any of these things next year, just wanted to put them on someones radar for future consideration. 

Message 1 of 11 (26,544 Views)

Re: Create A Team NHL 21

Community Manager

@flowmdaddy 

Thanks for all the feedback! It's really appreciated.

Aljo.png
Message 2 of 11 (26,463 Views)

NHL 21 Create A Team

★★★ Newbie

There should be a way to be able to use the arenas that are only available when creating a minor league team in Franchise Mode and EASHL.

Message 3 of 11 (26,192 Views)

★★★ Newbie

To add to this, i may be the only one who obsesses about every detail in create a team but some suggestions:

1. more custom logos/vintage logos

2. ability to use team names/words as jersey logos i.e. New York rangers jerseys, Sault St Marie Adidas logo

3. custom goalie masks - even if its just ability to use team color(s)

Message 4 of 11 (26,161 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

I have obsessed over the Create-a-Team feature for as long as I can remember playing NHL. For the most part, however, EA has merely proven to be the ignorant, lazy company they truly are by making absolutely NO substantial, positive changes to this particular feature. Just look at the logo choices they have “provided” over the years. They have been the same old rinky-dink cartoon logos for almost two decades now.

There are other great features, as well, that EA has decided to “laze” out of the game entirely, such as the international tournaments–possibly my favorite feature of all time. Welp, EA decided it just wasn’t as valuable and fruitful as something like, ya’know, adding yet more of the same lackluster tweaks to the online features or just more childish installment features like mini 3-on-3’s. You can still create teams in the recent (18, 19, and 20) NHLs but in this new half-assed tournament mode that EA is apparently sticking to, you can’t even substitute any of the freaking teams!!! How pathetic is that!!?

They really are so damn lazy. And LUCKY. You know why? Because they are technically a monopolistic entity—there’s no other company that produces NHL video games (market-competitive). The in-game/on-ice mechanics and dynamics of EA-designed games are solid for the most part. I just wish I knew how to design and construct video games...because if I at least knew enough about what I was doing, I would base EA’s on-ice gameplay design as a template and just add new features like the ones you and I (I’m sure MANY others too) have been looking for. Because I have a strong feeling that EA is just gonna keep on doing what they do– not give any * about what their lifelong fans and customers desire.

Message 5 of 11 (25,490 Views)

★★ Apprentice

EA could at LEAST give us access to all of the logos for all of the teams in the game for our created teams. How hard would that be? This game is a massive disappointment and this fix would at least be something.

Message 6 of 11 (24,111 Views)

★★★ Guide

Yes this mode really needs some improvement. I was very disappointed to so another year of basically zero changes/additions to Create a Team, except for the letter shield logos but that's not enough. I understand if there is no more improvement to be made for this gen but AT LEAST add some more vintage logos and custom logos to it. Why are for example not the Mighty Ducks logo available in CAT? Or the old Dallas Stars logo? Or the old Tampa Bay logo? Or the Phoenix Coyotes Kachina logo? The logos are in the game on jerseys in the game, so it can't be a licensing issue. 

I was disappointed to once again see no new additions for NHL 21, but I hope some will be added in the next patch. Especially on a year like this where nothing is normal and there won't even be NHL hockey for months. It's a great time to focus on customization.

Message 7 of 11 (23,204 Views)

★★★ Guide

To anyone who agrees with this: please reply with a comment.

The more people wishing for this the more likely it will gather the developers attention.

Message 8 of 11 (23,193 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I will not purchase the game until they add some more logos and content into these feature. It's embarrassing that they couldn't have had one person work on this mode all year. If they add some more logos in a patch I might consider it. 

Message 9 of 11 (22,744 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I’m not purchasing the game until they add vintage logos. Every NHL team logo and more should be available and editing them aloud.  Even Atlanta thrashers logos should be in the game.  At least allow us to upload our own logos. 

Message 10 of 11 (22,032 Views)