Re: Count Dooku

by shartnpants

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Count Dooku

★★★ Novice
Is it just me or is the Count just excessively OP. There have been battles where I have seen him attack a single unit x4 times in a row for well over 4k damage AND that's without even having a counter!! His damage either has to be reduced or all those attacks, counters and bonus attacks need to be reduced or limited.
Message 1 of 19 (1,421 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

@hellspwan101 He is definitely a strong leader currently, but the current meta also shows that he is not that overpowered that everyone is using him either.

You can see an overview of the most popular leaders on this fansite here: https://swgoh.gg/meta-report/100/

Cheers,

Nils

View in thread

Message 10 of 19 (1,253 Views)

All Replies

★ Apprentice

I have noticed this too, though I don't think a change is needed.  Rather, I'm focusing my efforts on obtaining him!

Message 2 of 19 (1,406 Views)

★★★ Novice
Once again Count Dooku rears his ugly head.... Dooku has to be nerfed!!! Now at higher levels he gets a chance to stun not only the character he hits but those around him...Are you kidding me EA!!! I have lost more games to the opposing side having Dooku than I care to count. The last debocle was 1vs 4 agaisnt Dooku and I lost with x4 50 level toons at 85% health or better. There is no way this should ever happen.
Message 3 of 19 (1,384 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Hey,

I completely agree there is no reason why Count Dooku should be that OP.

They either need to reduce the counter chance to like 25-50%, and/or do not allow counter attack against all characters who assist attack only the one whose turn it is.

I completely agree and Count needs to be nerfed big time! I've come close to losing battles with lvl 50s+ against 1 Count.. WTF
Message 4 of 19 (1,376 Views)

★★★ Newbie

It may not be the best advice, but get a character like Ventress who can stun in hit. When he is stunned he can't counter and with a few attackers on your side with heavy attacks he dies pretty quickly. I used to have issues with him, with Ventress and Phasma he rarely causes me any issues. I think he's a lot like Sidious you just have to find a strategy that works and hope you have the characters, like a high powered Sidious vs a Jedi team can be rough if he has decent support. Hope this helps.

Message 5 of 19 (1,339 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Using characters that have stun abilities works very well against Duku, this prevents him from countering as well as having multiple attacks. Stunning him makes it pretty easy to take him out in a turn or two with your characters. This is a game of strategy. It's not just "Throw 5 guys in and hope for the best." I only recently acquired Duku myself and he has made a great addition to my lineup because other players are not utilizing stuns.

Message 6 of 19 (1,312 Views)

★★ Novice

I find Dooku easily countered. I can 1-2 shot him at max level arena battles. I actually ignore him for most of the fight depending on other heroes out there. I remember him being amazing at lower levels, though. 

Message 7 of 19 (1,299 Views)

★★★ Novice
He simply has to many positives, especially against groups under 60. First off he counter rate is 100% which is just obsurd. Second he is easily one of the if not the fastest toons in game. Third he can stun multiple toons with lighting AND he normal attack which when combined with Phasma he gets far to many opportunities. He also can get and trigger allied bonus attacks with Phasma on his OWN bonus attacks...ridiculous!!! Combined with Ventress the two attack so fast and can stun so often teams are usually running at half stunned just about all game long. Nerf his speed or his damage or his excessive abilty to attack multiple times EA.
Message 8 of 19 (1,212 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Count Dooku is horribly over powered! Whatever the last update did made it so that when he's he leader, his entire team seems to dodge almost every stack thrown at them, when the same doesn't work for other characters such as old Ben as leader. He gets his bonus attack 99% of the time, gets a crit for at least half of his attacks, I've seen him get 6 successive attacks. Gets the stun an painful majority of the time. Takes far too much damage for a character who can countr like he does. Dooku is the most overpowered character. Period. And a lot of people talk about stunning him. I use stun attacks all the time and he either dodges or ignores the stun. Would EA just fix the damned character already? There are literally a dozen ways to fix it. Take his stun away, reduce chance to counter, lessen his defense and health, get rid of or reduce his bonus attack, make it so that if the target dodges the main attack dooku can't get the bonus, make it so that his leader ability doesn't all but guarantee a dodge. I could go on and on.
Message 9 of 19 (1,157 Views)

Community Manager

@hellspwan101 He is definitely a strong leader currently, but the current meta also shows that he is not that overpowered that everyone is using him either.

You can see an overview of the most popular leaders on this fansite here: https://swgoh.gg/meta-report/100/

Cheers,

Nils

Message 10 of 19 (1,254 Views)