Re: Confirmed: Frontline Fighters was final major content update

by Sebatrox

Original Post

Confirmed: Frontline Fighters was final major content update

[ Edited ]

http://www.pvzgw2.com/news/luck-o-the-zombie

The Grass Still Grows!

Frontline Fighters was the final major content update for Garden Warfare 2, capping off almost a year of massive post-launch releases. It’s been incredibly exciting to deliver more and new ways to experience this crazy shooter and it’s been just as thrilling to see you embrace these features which included:

• The introduction of Time Challenges, Community Challenges and Mystery Portal Events
  • Three new game modes
  • A brand new way to play with split screen online
  • Five huge new maps
  • Two all new unlockable character classes
  • New quests in the Backyard Battleground
  • A variety of collectable characters and thousands of new customization items

The fun doesn’t end here though as we still have a ton of content planned for Community Challenges, the Mystery Portal and seasonal events (like Luck O’ The Zombie!). In addition there will still be plenty of map tuning and balancing.

Thanks for playing and we’ll see you on the Lawn!

Message 1 of 13 (1,358 Views)

★★★ Guide

No new maps or characters. Goodbye GW2. It was fun. 

Message 2 of 13 (1,333 Views)

★ Apprentice

NOOOOO my favorite game RIP Devil

Message 3 of 13 (1,318 Views)

[ Edited ]

Let's not get melodramatic.

GW1 servers are plenty full even after the 313 deadline passed.  The player base is strong and growing.  We just won't be getting anything shiny and new.

Message 4 of 13 (1,308 Views)

★ Apprentice

thats true, at least balancing continues Standard smile

Message 5 of 13 (1,289 Views)

★ Guide
Am I the only one feeling underwhelmed knowing this? To me, GW2 missed out on so much opportunity to be a better game than it was. There was the massive gnomeverse update, sure, but a majority of that content was quite literally one-off.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to say it was an awful game, but it didn't leave a lasting impression on me for something I spent so much money on. Guess that's what I get for preordering..
Message 6 of 13 (1,249 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide
Let's just see if PopCap will ever learn to balance the characters based off of skills more than statistics. Like in Garden Warfare 3, will they redesign the 3 broken characters (Electro Pea, Captain Cannon, and Petrified Cactus) or just leave the way it is with damage being nerfed for being too rewarding to skilled players like me.
I still love this game, but the decisions you're making are becoming dubious.

PS: Add 1 new Turf Takeover map for zombies to balance this out!
Message 7 of 13 (1,226 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Sorry but I'm very disappointed.....only 1(!) map for the turf takeover mode)..... GW3? I'll pass.

Message 8 of 13 (1,208 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

So all that is left is grinding out assets they already have but deny access to. And TT still needs a good 3 more maps.

Grinding out items in Diablo II back then was actually fun for me because i could go for 20 hours straight and then be done for a whole week. But with Popcaps system in GW2 i have to play when they say only to unlock a max of 6 customizations that don't even matter in gameplay. And all of that while the core of the game - Turf Takeover - gets old with the same maps all the time.

And all for what? More single player content? Which isn't really much but a few loose quests and Gnome shootouts.

I am not sure if i will invest another 80 Euros in another Garden Warfare. As much fun as it was and can still be, the mess i had to go through to either play the game at all or endure balance issues, alongside masses of other bugs; but Popcap failed to redeem itself with useful multiplayer content.

And i don't expect less because this is a multiplayer shooter and a product that should have shipped in perfect condition without issues.

Message 9 of 13 (1,171 Views)

★ Guide

Yeah, they lost a fan and a customer in me after this mess. Locking content behind paywalls is one thing, stretching out hours of content for months is another. Unless they can turn things around and do better in a potential sequel, I can't see myself buying PvZ games at full price in the future, if at all. Such an awfully grindy game, even when they're not forcing you to wait weeks just for a chance to get something that isn't just the same hats as before but covered in silver paint.

Message 10 of 13 (1,146 Views)