Community Transmission - Matchmaking

by EA_Ataashi

Original Post

Re: Community Transmission - Matchmaking

Hero

just making sure those of you posting in the last few hours know that matchmaking was turned off.  Maybe that's why you're not seeing much difference.

If a post helps, please click the XP button, so the poster learns what is helping.

If a post answered your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button, so others can quickly find what worked.
Message 21 of 62 (1,053 Views)

Champion

@EA_Ataashi  Just a little feedback on matchmaking.

I know @DarthFDG said matchmaking was turned off yesterday, but prior to that I found the games much more competitive most of the time which is a plus. What did happen though, was that the maps were repetitive. When I joined a game, once that round/map was finished, the notification at the bottom of the screen SEARCHING FOR GALACTIC ASSAULT may come up. Once it found a game in any era and finished the rounds in that era, the matchmaking would again search and many times you would end up playing the map prior to your last. For example, if I started playing on Kashyyyk, finished and then went to Kamino, finished both rounds there, the matchmaking could have me back on Kashyyyk again. Map rotation seems to have gone out the window. I'm not sure whether it is trying to keep a player in the same era all the time. I hope I explained this well enough. The repetition of maps is annoying and as it stands I rarely get to play some maps. 

"I am not an EA employee. Just a fellow gamer trying to lend a helping hand. I don't know everything but will attempt to find a solution to your problem. If I have helped, please click on the XP button below. If I have solved your problem, Then click on the Accept as Solution Button. Have Fun."

Hero

@ggibb65 wrote:

@EA_Ataashi  Just a little feedback on matchmaking.

I know @DarthFDG said matchmaking was turned off yesterday, but prior to that I found the games much more competitive most of the time which is a plus. What did happen though, was that the maps were repetitive. When I joined a game, once that round/map was finished, the notification at the bottom of the screen SEARCHING FOR GALACTIC ASSAULT may come up. Once it found a game in any era and finished the rounds in that era, the matchmaking would again search and many times you would end up playing the map prior to your last. For example, if I started playing on Kashyyyk, finished and then went to Kamino, finished both rounds there, the matchmaking could have me back on Kashyyyk again. Map rotation seems to have gone out the window. I'm not sure whether it is trying to keep a player in the same era all the time. I hope I explained this well enough. The repetition of maps is annoying and as it stands I rarely get to play some maps. 

to add to this...

I found I would sometimes end up on the same side (e.g. darkside) multiple times in a row.

This didn't bother me much.  I'd rather be on the same side with an even match than different sides with an uneven match.  I just wanted to call it out for anyone interested.

If a post helps, please click the XP button, so the poster learns what is helping.

If a post answered your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button, so others can quickly find what worked.
Message 23 of 62 (1,024 Views)

★★ Pro

Again matchmaking has been on is this permanent now, I hope not because it is still 💩

Message 24 of 62 (990 Views)

Hero

@EA_Ataashi  - Matchmaking was turned on even though it is not working.  Its not matching people with equal skills and is placing people in lobbies where the sit and wait - i.e. takes longer to get in matches than before.  This is a step backwards.

Can you please get it turned off?

Thx

Message 25 of 62 (976 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

For those of you seeing the same thing (e.g. @Tinogiggedy) ...

I found out via other channels that EA is aware of the issue and working on it.

Message 26 of 62 (964 Views)

Hero

@EA_Ataashi - It's time.

Matchmaking needs to be turned off ASAP.  It's not working and causing issues with gameplay.  Players are not happy.

Message 27 of 62 (926 Views)

EA DICE Team

Star Wars Battlefront II EOR Matchmaking Test update.

We are seeing games are fuller, which is something we aimed to achieve. We have plans for tweaks with the goal of reducing the time to Matchmake.

We've got some back-end changes going live this morning in Star Wars Battlefront II which should improve the EOR MM experience. There will be no downtime required for this.

Message 28 of 62 (914 Views)

Hero

@EA_Atic wrote:

Star Wars Battlefront II EOR Matchmaking Test update.

We are seeing games are fuller, which is something we aimed to achieve. We have plans for tweaks with the goal of reducing the time to Matchmake.

We've got some back-end changes going live this morning in Star Wars Battlefront II which should improve the EOR MM experience. There will be no downtime required for this.

Faster matchmaking will definitely help get the game back to where it was.

Fuller games sounds like a good improvement.

Unfortunately, the core of players' matchmaking expectations, ensuring similarly-skilled players are playing against each other, is simply not working.  Most matches are still unevenly matched - as if its not actually matchmaking at all.

One idea I saw someone suggest to make this immediately more amiable for players - make matchmaking optional at the end of round.  Instead of forcing the matchmake countdown, require players to press the matchmake button if they want to matchmake into a different lobby.  Leave them where they're at otherwise.  This seems like a stop-gap that could be implemented very quickly.

Message 29 of 62 (908 Views)

EA DICE Team

We're making some changes to the map rotation in Star Wars Battlefront II and will be reverting back to the full rotation now that some of our tests have concluded.

This change are now live.

@DarthFDG I'll send that feedback over to the team. Thanks. Standard smile

/Atic 

Message 30 of 62 (892 Views)