Community Transmission - Darth Tyranus Update

by EA_Ataashi

Original Post

Re: Community Transmission - Darth Tyranus Update

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

@Tinogiggedy 

I think this latest update actually helped in some small ways.

Yes, hero combat is still the weakest and most bugged part of the game, but compared to the previous update's Heroes vs Villains state, it feels much better now. I haven't unlocked Dooku yet, so no comment on his playability.

Are you sure you're on the right ping site? I'm on Xbox, wired connection (EU), and it is quite rare for me to notice any desync. Try messing around a bit with the ping site options.

I agree though that Star Wars would definitely deserve better than this.

I don't like to point fingers, but it feels like that, for some weird reason, EA can't really decide what to do with such a brand (they also deleted the open world SW project not long ago). BF2 would require huge backing from EA now. Of course, I can't see behind corporate logistics, but what's visible as a player is that DICE guys can't even keep up with the already delayed deadlines, yet EA expects them to deliver, while showing little to no support.

BF2 could still be the game it should have been, but that would be a financial gamble on EA's part: assigning another group of developers to a 1,5 year old game?

Though I still think that should be the best move on their part. They can't seem to be competent enough to make a new SW game, so BF2 is the SW game of EA - it would be in their best interest to show ample support towards the game, DICE, and the players.

Right now, BF2 is improving at such a slow rate that even many of us, who have been here since launch, will eventually leave. I know they are doing their best, and I'm always coming back to the game to try the new stuff and show support, but I'm getting tired of the small amount of maps - especially because I can't choose where I want to play, so by only playing 1-2 matches a day, many times I get the same map day after day.

I think simply the SW brand is enough reason for any Publisher to try & save it by giving it all the attention and dedication, even after a rough start.

Message 21 of 28 (1,077 Views)

★★ Pro

@-DW-GarthRevan thanks for the input. All my heroes and villains are at level 40 my kill streaks have gone beyond 60 with Maul, Rey, Luke, Yoda and 100+with Bossk and Palpatine. That has always been playing the objective pushing forward, sometimes I'm good enough sometimes not, but still considering I think my knowledge on how to play all the heroes and villains by this stage is probably reasonable. I think you may have missed the point I was trying to make about the fact they're all sooo buggy still. 

I play on the German ping at around 27ms. It still happens. My Internet is hardwired and runs at approximately 180mb/s. The problems are worse when playing opponents that are closer to and have a lower ping, ie playing opponents from Germany and the game is atrociously unplayable. Theres no noticeable lag, what's noticeable is dying before turning corners or being shot through walls, dying once having rolled back behind cover, emptying clips for no damage to occur until after you die, so on and so forth. On the reverse of this I've noticed that playing people further from the ping then myself results in troopers wondering aimlessly around corners like cannon fodder not even looking in the direction of where they should be going and they don't even return fire. This happens to everyone I know in the UK who plays the game and its been getting worse. I'm glad you're not experiencing these issues as regularly as I am but that does not mean that it's not EAs poor servers or whatever the problem is. The only thing that is for certain is it isn't all the people who I know with bad connections, it's the bad connection when EA are part of the equation. Tbh I can't even be bothered to go into it anymore this game is once again on the back burner and we'll see what happens next month. Even at its best the game has been massively buggy and riddled with technical issues but now it's gone to another unbearable level and I won't be part of praising a game that is this poor. Its just disappointing as a SW fan I actually can't bare to play it any more. 

Message 22 of 28 (1,076 Views)

★★ Pro

@felker_s it's just driving me crazy. Hvv feels about the same if I'm honest, sometimes it's OK a lot of times not. Funny enough Dooku is probably one of the least buggy villians, I found all his moves to work fairly consistently apart from when the triggers decide to become unresponsive and you have to mash the button but even then because of the nature of his abilities once the abilities are active they do work. His block is a bit hit and miss like the other saber wielders. 

Message 23 of 28 (1,070 Views)

★ Guide

@TinogiggedyI also face these issue from time to time. Especially with the vanguard - but i will rewatch some vids if it just was my fault. Also Bossks infrared doesnt work 30% of the time for me what is really annoying, cause you cant see the targets. And Palps lightining sometimes just goes wild for me hitting things it shouldnt. Since his nerfes (dash) I havent played him so often. Maybe you are a more routined player than I am so you maybe more sensitive to timing - but I also experienced it that some of the times that I am killed being already around the corner. However you could try cmd.exe and then ping the google server and record that ping 8.8.8.8 -n 999 or so. I also you broadband with the German cable operator, but I noticed they loose packages or just go to 2000ms pingtime for some brief moments of a few secdonds. So as a result you might think you have a good connection, but acutually may not because of micro dropouts.So probably this might help. Also there is  package priorisation and this might cause trouble. I also think that cable networks just cut off bandwidth to give it to other customers on the same knot or some other technical issues like band switching.

Message 24 of 28 (1,063 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@Tinogiggedy - Thanks for clearing up what platform you are on. @-DW-GarthRevan has made some very valid points & If you want to check ping site responses for your region EA have a very useful Tool called Uotrace. Go to this link https://help.ea.com/en-au/help/faq/connection-troubleshooting-basic/ and scroll down the page until you see Uotrace. It will give you the download link and instructions. You will have to do it on your PC. It is best to let it go through around 100 cycles. I would also run it at the times you would normally play the game so the online traffic is around the same. I have run it myself - see the screenshot.

uotrace_LI.jpg

The highlighted site is the one that I use in the game. As you can see in the last column there is a wide variation between best & worst but the average is 31ms with no lost Pkts so I probably didn't notice any spikes. You can also see some of the other sites have much greater variations. I would also suggest you run it again at an off peak time and compare the results.

Just trying to rule out possible causes. Hope this helps.

"I am not an EA employee. Just a fellow gamer trying to lend a helping hand. I don't know everything but will attempt to find a solution to your problem. If I have helped, please click on the XP button below. If I have solved your problem, Then click on the Accept as Solution Button. Have Fun."

Hero

@Salacious_Trump wrote:

Geonosis HVV map is *. Yeah it look beautifull, but level design is *. Map look too big for hvv, and it is a * runing simulator for the target. Again a map for boba, which is able to hide everywhere, imposible to catch mostly.

And also, you re last update bring a lot of bugs. I saw one a YODA. Right clic doesn t work sometimes, for no reasons.

I agree on both points.

In fact, I entered a bug report for all the issues with Rey since the patch.  

If a post helps, please click the XP button, so the poster learns what is helping.

If a post answered your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button, so others can quickly find what worked.
Message 26 of 28 (1,006 Views)

★ Guide
Thanks bro. And you are right with the registering problems. I was on Kamino yesterday and shot an overheated heavy 3 times with the VANGUARD - full hit - but no damage. Unfortunately I haven't recorded that. Also I had no lag issues at that moment.

So this was one of the worst registering fails I had.

Also LS users still do no damage to the objective and turrets and vehicles. This is real bad. Especially for the droids on Geonosis.
Message 27 of 28 (995 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@EA_Ataashi- When is the nerf for the AT-TE coming. The droids on Geonosis have very little chance of winning their match unless they can defeat the clones at the 1st objective. I remember reading somewhere that this was going to happen. I have put as many as 12 Ion torps into an AT-TE and still not destroyed it. The ion torp was nerfed a while back and now is not powerful enough for a decent battle on Geonosis. When is it going to be able to lock on to a LAT? Another small issue I have is when you attack the AT-TE's, the BP's awarded are very poor unless you get the final kill shot.

New Edit - What is it about when I post a complaint the next day I play a game and get the opposite result. Last night, played on Geonosis & the Droids won by taking out all the AT-TE's. Was able to get final kill shot on 5 of them myself. Guess it was because my team was concentrating on the objective and not their own kills. 

"I am not an EA employee. Just a fellow gamer trying to lend a helping hand. I don't know everything but will attempt to find a solution to your problem. If I have helped, please click on the XP button below. If I have solved your problem, Then click on the Accept as Solution Button. Have Fun."