Community Broadcast - Visibility Improvements

by EA_Atic

Original Post

Community Broadcast - Visibility Improvements

EA DICE Team

The dynamic settings in Battlefield V range from mountainous desert ranges to snow-capped peaks, destroyed city centers, and more.

With various weather systems and times of day, coupled with these different biomes, visibility is key to a successful engagement on the battlefield.

WHY WE MADE CHANGES

From launch we’ve been reading, and watching  many of the discussions that the community have had. One topic that we know the community is quite vocal and very passionate about, is player visibility.

Being able to see the enemy in dimly lit rooms, transitioning from indoors to outdoors without losing sight of the enemy due to change in environment, distinguishing enemy players from scenery within some maps - all top conversations that we’ve been tracking and working towards implementing fixes and tweaks.

These changes will be dropping in an upcoming update and are directly based on the feedback we’ve received from you. Please do keep this feedback coming.

WHAT WE DID

We're implementing a new soldier visibility system that improves the visibility of soldiers in the game, while maintaining a believable artistic and gameplay balance. As we’ve made these changes we’ve strived towards creating a balance between a realistic soldier outline, while keeping in tune with the games artistic direction.

The new system is capable of making soldiers properly visible in very dark and very bright environments, and allows for more consistent visibility across all environmental situations.

The new system also better conserves the colors of a soldier's uniform to prevent very dark or very bright uniforms from having an unintended gameplay advantage. This doesn’t mean your soldier’s uniform skins don’t matter.

You’ll still want to ensure the camouflage you use matches the environment (greens for maps like Twisted Steel, tans and yellows for maps like Hamada) as this will still be the best choice.

Previously, the darker uniforms were universally superior, creating an advantage for those that chose them.

Once this update releases (late May), dive in and see how it works. Let us know on the official Battlefield Forums, Battlefield V sub-reddit, Twitter, Facebook, Discord.

Your feedback is important and does help shape the changes we’re making, especially those relating to Quality of Life, please do keep it coming. Thanks for being a part of the Battlefield journey with us.

The Battlefield Team

(Source)

/Atic

Message 1 of 4 (325 Views)

Re: Community Broadcast - Visibility Improvements

This is a significant change - one that could make or break the longevity of the game so I really hope it pans out

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Don't be sad, this is just how it works out sometimes
Message 2 of 4 (309 Views)

★★ Pro

Looking forward to the visibility change. Hoping we can get some updates on TTD bug / getting killed around corners and the other bugs that we've been reporting on for 6 months.

Message 3 of 4 (300 Views)

YEEES.!!

I will see those campers better.. My Liberator will take care of them.
_______________________ EA AHQ_______________________

- Is my answer helpful.? -> Please grant + XP
- If my post solved your problem or answered your question. -> Please Accept as Solution.
- BF1 & BFV DICE FRIEND - WindowsManTv_CZE || Twitter: WindowsManTv

CCP Hero Banner 1 Grande.png

Message 4 of 4 (290 Views)