Coming Soon: Improvements to the Event System

by EA_dance210

Original Post

Re: Coming Soon: Improvements to the Event System

★ Guide

@EA_dance210 wrote:

Hi @MarcT22186,

'You have the option to use Diamonds to upgrade to the Premium Track when you collect your prizes, allowing you to collect the rewards from both the Standard and Premium tracks.'

You can't upgrade to the Premium track until after your run is complete and you are collecting your rewards.

How much diamonds is the premium track? I have like 400 i stock and have never did purchase diamonds or coins. I was hoping to dispense it somewhere if I have excess. I mean after a month, I should have around 1000.

Message 11 of 16 (486 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

[Removed by CM]

Message 12 of 16 (469 Views)

★ Apprentice

@BattaIia wrote:
"For some events there is a second Premium track that offers greatly increased rewards. You have the option to use Diamonds to upgrade to the Premium Track when you collect your prizes, allowing you to collect the rewards from both the Standard and Premium tracks."

Gotta say...This worries me. But cautiously looking forward to seeing how it's handled.

Your worries we're correct. Rewards are absolute trash now unless you spend money. And while I'm not against spending money for a game I enjoy. I am against spending money for what is essentially playing slot machines... Small rewards given often that allow you to play more while all-the-while never getting you anywhere but a slowly emptied bank account.

Message 13 of 16 (322 Views)

★★ Guide
Yeah, I'm not 100% opposed to a microtransaction system. But the prices in this game are just unreasonable. If you compare to other entertainment options available it's simply insane. With what you can get for diamonds right now, I'd pay maybe $1 for 600 diamonds. Maybe.

The reality is that I'm playing this game as a time killer. Not as a full-time investment. If there were no unit levels and a desktop client, I'd actually consider it as one of my main RTS games. Combine that with how objectively overpriced it is, I'm just not interested in spending anything.

I'd love to financially support the game, but not at these prices.
Message 14 of 16 (312 Views)

★ Apprentice

Hahhaha how is this an improvement.

You basically nerfed what a normal player gets in the past and force them to pay money just to get back almost similar rewards..

After the last 2 events there is practically little to look forward to for any so called "improvements"

Message 15 of 16 (274 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hello @abc131948881,

I want to share a bit of the reasoning behind the Standard and Premium tracks, as well as why the rewards were lowered when this system was introduced. This is something that was just introduced and we will be monitoring it closely and gathering all your feedback. We can always make changes in the future, including tweaking the rewards for the Standard and/or Premium tracks.

Standard Track: The idea with reducing the standard reward track in value stems from the fact we wanted to reduce the rebuy cost for players who don't feel keen on spending 500-600 diamonds in order to retry the event. That being said, in order for us to reduce the standard track price, it only made sense to reduce the reward values as well because if players did in fact continue to buy into the event. The value would be over the top for what they were paying. As an indirect result, I do realize that this lessens the value tremendously for the free to play player who refuses to buy back into any event regardless. EVERYTHING we do is monitored/assessed and I'm taking your feedback into consideration and will talk with other folks to see how we can remedy this scenario. So please know that we didn't intentionally try to piss anyone off. Our intention was supposed to be positive, but again we are humans and unfortunately can't predict the future which leads to scenarios like this.

Premium Track: There seems to be not as much grief around this as it only applies to spenders and to be fair I think we delivered on this one fairly well. The idea behind this track was so that payers could in fact spend when they felt it was most beneficial to them. Rather than buying into an event at X price point, you buy into an event at Y price point and if you do well you can pay price point X for all those rewards.

Message 16 of 16 (257 Views)