Coming Soon: Improvements to the Event System

by EA_dance210

Original Post

Coming Soon: Improvements to the Event System

Community Manager (retired)

Rivals Champions and Rivals Champions Blitz events allow players to test their skills, climb the leaderboard, and earn rewards. While there are differences between these events, they felt similar when playing. We want different events feel unique and special while letting players know what to expect when the event starts.

During March, we’ve been expanding and experimenting with new formats for our popular Blitz events. We want events to feel special, requiring different rules or rewarding unique prizes. We’re taking what we’ve learned in March to create specific event types each with their own rewards and rules. These updated events will be coming with Update 1.5.

Competitive Events

Rivals Champions

Rivals Champions is the place to compete and show off how good you are. We’re lowering the unit level caps for the leagues, so skill takes a larger role in determining the victor. With a total of 15 matches and the largest rewards going to those who win, be prepared to bring your A game from start to finish.

War Games

War Games is a new competitive event with a twist - we’re limiting the units that are available for all players who participate in that event. Before entering battle, you’ll select your best army based on the units available. With a restricted unit pool, your ingenuity and pre-game strategy will be important. Plus, you’ll know exactly what units and Commanders your opponents have access to!

Casual Event

Rivals Blitz

We also want to offer quick, fun events for a more casual experience. Unlike the competitive events, Rivals Blitz events are quick and fun, requiring only 5 battles to complete. The prizes are flatter than the competitive events and reward you with specific resources, such as Credits or Cloning Labs, so you can stock up on what need. With so few battles, you can decide how you want to play, climbing the ladder or targeting specific resources, to get the most out of Rivals. The reward type will vary, with a Credit Blitz one week and a Unit Blitz another, but you’ll always know what to expect when you join a Blitz!

Special Events

We want to continue testing new variations, to discover what events you enjoy playing. The rewards and structure will be fairly regular for Rivals Champions, War Games and Rivals Blitz events. With Update 1.5, we will be introducing special events, that allow us to experiment with different rules and rewards. We’ll work with you to figure out what you want to see, so be sure to let us know!

Reward Structure

The updated event structures aren’t the only changes coming in Update 1.5. We’re also adjusting how the reward structure works for all the events.

We’re simplifying how rewards are calculated. With points only be awarded for a win, continuing to use them isn’t needed. Now, you’ll earn rewards based on the number of wins during your run. When you see a number, you’ll know exactly how many wins you need to receive that prize.

Premium Reward Track

We’re introducing a way for you to collect even more resources from those perfect runs! All players will earn the base rewards from the Standard reward track once your run is complete. For some events there is a second Premium track that offers greatly increased rewards. You have the option to use Diamonds to upgrade to the Premium Track when you collect your prizes, allowing you to collect the rewards from both the Standard and Premium tracks.

War Games.png

We’re excited to introduce these changes to the event system with the next update and want to hear your thoughts.

Message 1 of 16 (1,273 Views)

Re: Coming Soon: Improvements to the Event System

★★★★★ Guide
"For some events there is a second Premium track that offers greatly increased rewards. You have the option to use Diamonds to upgrade to the Premium Track when you collect your prizes, allowing you to collect the rewards from both the Standard and Premium tracks."

Gotta say...This worries me. But cautiously looking forward to seeing how it's handled.
Message 2 of 16 (1,260 Views)

It should work as a nice bonus when you do really well, but not something that you should feel required to use every time you participate in an event. Definitely looking forward to hearing what y'all think of it once it's actually implemented Standard smile

Message 3 of 16 (1,254 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

I‘d like to give feedback to the most recent event, the unranked one.

PLEASE bring it back at one point, the concept of recieving the same rewards no matter the outcome of the matches gave me the opportunity to try unique ( in other words: bad xd ) strategies without getting punished for it. If possible, decrease the rewards for this event but also decrease the price for a new attempt for this event. The price for other events can stay, but for this one it should be close to 0.

Its good to have an event where I can just relax and not tryhard.

Message 4 of 16 (1,230 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@xMaksuss wrote:

I‘d like to give feedback to the most recent event, the unranked one.

PLEASE bring it back at one point, the concept of recieving the same rewards no matter the outcome of the matches gave me the opportunity to try unique ( in other words: bad xd ) strategies without getting punished for it. If possible, decrease the rewards for this event but also decrease the price for a new attempt for this event. The price for other events can stay, but for this one it should be close to 0.

Its good to have an event where I can just relax and not tryhard.

I did a lot of experimenting with my secondary account to try to figure out how to beat some of these high lvl units with this last tourney too. I've done well up until now but strategy will only get you so far. . Can I pay to back to bronze? Lol

Message 5 of 16 (1,210 Views)

★ Guide

I don't thnk you can. On a season reset, everyone gets back to bronze then is rewarded according to how far they went up the league. I was at Gold 2 when it reset, and I wound up back on gold 1. I bet if one didn't play like 1 or 2 seasons, he would return to bronze 3.

Message 6 of 16 (1,196 Views)

★★★★ Pro

War Games totally sounds cool. Also, it needs pop culture references to Professor Falken and Joshua. Standard smile

Message 7 of 16 (1,182 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Is it new feature that people can get more than 100 points in unranked blitz? I wonder what are the prize over 100 points? LOL

Message 8 of 16 (1,142 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
War Games indeed sounds like a very cool idea, BUT therefore it's required that EA really tries to balance the unit. Otherwise it ends in a very one-sided/unit Event.

To this Premium Reward Track Event I'm actually not sure if I should laugh or cry. What does this mean to the "regular" Events of all kind? Are we getting back the 500 coins re-entry and just the Premium Track will cost dias? If not, isn't the regular Event already Premium?
And here's my Premium question: Do I have to unlock the Premium Track before or at the end of an Event?
I think I know the answer, but I won't scream scam until I get detailed Informations.
Message 9 of 16 (1,095 Views)

Hi @MarcT22186,

'You have the option to use Diamonds to upgrade to the Premium Track when you collect your prizes, allowing you to collect the rewards from both the Standard and Premium tracks.'

You can't upgrade to the Premium track until after your run is complete and you are collecting your rewards.

Message 10 of 16 (1,081 Views)