Collection Inventory

by MissAmazing903

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Collection Inventory

★★★★★ Novice

I've recently given my sim the Curator aspiration, so I'm collecting much more than usual. During this process, I've noticed that items I've already collected (such as MySims figures, elements, etc.) don't appear in the completed collections inventory. I keep checking to see my progress and how many items I have left in the categories, but many of the items are still blank even if I've collected them. Can anyone help?

Message 1 of 5 (920 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Collection Inventory

Champion

@MissAmazing903, thank you for the additional information! Angel  At least now we know that it isn't a Mods/CC problem! Large smile  Since you only play with this family, then this also wasn't caused by splitting up a household, which can affect your collections count.  If you still have those collections items there is something that might help you:
1) If the collection item is in your house, you can try to temporarily move it into one of your Sim's personal inventories and then move it back to where it was in your house , if you want to be able to keep it as a decoration.  (Move it into the Sim's inventory that you want to register the item as collected.)  Conversely, if the collection item is still in their persona inventory, then you can move the item into the house and then back into their personal inventory.  (I guess the reason for this is that the game might have not counted the item as collected the first time it was in the inventory, and this gives the game another chance to count the item.)

2) Some people say that keeping collection items in the Household Inventory (in Buy/Build Mode) increases the chance of it being counted for the collection.  Just be sure if you move out any Sims that you want to keep the collection, to put the collection items in the Sim's personal inventory if/when they move out. Wink

I can't say if these suggestions will count all of your collection items, but it should help! Fingers crossed I don't think that there is a Bug Report on this, so if you want to you can fill one out .  https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/bd-p/The-Sims-4-Bugs

Sounds like the collection system could use an overhaul, or at least a little tweaking! Wink

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

View in thread

Message 4 of 5 (855 Views)

All Replies

Champion

@MissAmazing903, do you have any Mods or Custom Content (CC) in your game. Wondering If you do, that could be causing the problems as outdated Mods/CC often cause weird problems in people's games.Embarrassed  Also, does is happen with only one family in your game, or in multiple families.  Have you tried other Save Games, and if so, do you get the same result? 

Message 2 of 5 (897 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I have no other saved games or custom content/mods for the Sims 4. I also only play as this family, so I’m not sure if this happens in other households. All I know is that certain items I have don’t show up in my collections and I’m really unsure as to why.

Message 3 of 5 (885 Views)

Champion

@MissAmazing903, thank you for the additional information! Angel  At least now we know that it isn't a Mods/CC problem! Large smile  Since you only play with this family, then this also wasn't caused by splitting up a household, which can affect your collections count.  If you still have those collections items there is something that might help you:
1) If the collection item is in your house, you can try to temporarily move it into one of your Sim's personal inventories and then move it back to where it was in your house , if you want to be able to keep it as a decoration.  (Move it into the Sim's inventory that you want to register the item as collected.)  Conversely, if the collection item is still in their persona inventory, then you can move the item into the house and then back into their personal inventory.  (I guess the reason for this is that the game might have not counted the item as collected the first time it was in the inventory, and this gives the game another chance to count the item.)

2) Some people say that keeping collection items in the Household Inventory (in Buy/Build Mode) increases the chance of it being counted for the collection.  Just be sure if you move out any Sims that you want to keep the collection, to put the collection items in the Sim's personal inventory if/when they move out. Wink

I can't say if these suggestions will count all of your collection items, but it should help! Fingers crossed I don't think that there is a Bug Report on this, so if you want to you can fill one out .  https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/bd-p/The-Sims-4-Bugs

Sounds like the collection system could use an overhaul, or at least a little tweaking! Wink

Message 4 of 5 (856 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Thank you so much! I’ll be sure to use those tips and I really appreciate all of your help.

Message 5 of 5 (837 Views)