Choose a side!

by EA_David

Original Post

Choose a side!

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hey, the new season has started this morning, and when you start up the game you'll be prompted to choose a side. 

Do you fight for freedom with the Resistance, or do you restore stabiliy with the First Order?

And -more importantly for some- which Epic Star Card are you chasing?

chooseaside.PNG

So what faction did you go for, the Resistance or the First Order?

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 1 of 64 (3,430 Views)

Re: Choose a side!

Hero

Thanks for the heads up, @EA_David

Hard to choose without knowing more.  Where can we get more details?

If a post helps, please click the XP button, so the poster learns what is helping.

If a post answered your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button, so others can quickly find what worked.
Message 2 of 64 (3,382 Views)

Community Manager

@DarthFDG Hey again, there is some info on the potential rewards in-game, as well as on this page: https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/starwars/battlefront/battlefront-2/news/the-last-jedi-season-is-comin...

I don't think we have more specifics on what exact cards or pack contents will be given to those who finish the challenges/are on the winning faction. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 3 of 64 (3,354 Views)

Hero

@EA_David wrote:

@DarthFDG Hey again, there is some info on the potential rewards in-game, as well as on this page: https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/starwars/battlefront/battlefront-2/news/the-last-jedi-season-is-comin...

I don't think we have more specifics on what exact cards or pack contents will be given to those who finish the challenges/are on the winning faction. 

Thanks, @EA_David.

That helps.

If a post helps, please click the XP button, so the poster learns what is helping.

If a post answered your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button, so others can quickly find what worked.
Message 4 of 64 (3,350 Views)

★ Guide

Very cool that there are some community events starting up now. 

The new rewards system is pretty awesome as well. I was pulling down a lot more credits last night (about 600 per GA match, one match as high as 660!)

It would be great if information on the new heroes and their abilities was released so that we know what we are choosing between and working for.

It would be frustrating to miss out on a chance at a great card for a great character and get a card that we don't even want to use or for a character who is too weak to justify the BP cost.

Message 5 of 64 (3,326 Views)

Hero

@Peligrad wrote:

It would be great if information on the new heroes and their abilities was released so that we know what we are choosing between and working for.

It would be frustrating to miss out on a chance at a great card for a great character and get a card that we don't even want to use or for a character who is too weak to justify the BP cost.

Agreed.

Message 6 of 64 (3,316 Views)

★★★ Pro
Can we have some statistics about the season later? E.g. how many people joined either side, how many challenges were completed etc.
Message 7 of 64 (3,213 Views)

★ Guide

The rules on how the winner is determined is also important.

Among our group of friends about 80% went First Order and only a couple of us went Resistance. I feel like the First Order probably got more supporters because Phasma is a more interesting hero than Finn and the First Order has more flashy troops in general.

If the winner is ultimately determined by who got more supporters then I goofed up. If the winner is determined by who got the higher percentage of of quests done then maybe either side could win. Some kind of information on how the winner is determined would be great. Right now there seems to be no feedback and no real way to help your side except to do this extremely easy quests. 

Message 8 of 64 (3,200 Views)

★★ Apprentice
I like the idea - it's really cool to have a move tie-in...

Might I suggest a tweak that seems sorely needed:

One of the 40+ day challenges on the side I chose is to kill 50 enemies with each trooper class - yet there is no way to track how many you've killed with each class - just a X/200 total kills counter... The new challenge for today: play as each trooper class for 10 minutes has the same exact issue- no tracking other than for the overall goal

Could you please give us some way to track how many minutes/kills we've done with each class if there are going to be more challenges of this type?

You had them in the challenges menu so I know the tech already exists! Otherwise - good job - these tie-ins are a cool idea!
Message 9 of 64 (3,196 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I agree. I am not that good, so it takes me a long time to rack up kills with any class....and I switch often because playing one class all the time gets boring! If there is any way that we could get checklists that would be really awesome! 

Message 10 of 64 (3,179 Views)