Re: Chemical Warriors Unit

by r8ilpzztee0g

Original Post

Chemical Warriors Unit

★★★ Newbie
Welcome I think that the chemical warriors unit are weak.... I would like to ask you to increase dmg or reduce the construction costs of it to 50 crystals. Regards Wilk
Message 1 of 7 (505 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
Yea, chem warriors are in a strange place right now. They are recovering from a nerf where they were too strong, but I think they are a little too weak now. I'm happy with their damage, but I think they could use a slight HP boost so they don't trade against shocks/flames so poorly. Or as you say, a cost reduction to 50 would help out the issue.
Message 2 of 7 (486 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I hope that they will fix it, if they slightly raise the dmg, it may help a bit, especially that at this moment fighting 1 vs 1 against flame troopers are in a losing position.
but if it does not enter that to the game, the reduction of construction costs will be a great solution, because why build a unit which is expensive and quite weak?
if chem warriors is a special unit, it should be at least a little better than a flame squad...

Message 3 of 7 (476 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

And lets not forget - you can't even option them to attack the base like you could with Flamers.  I can still run a flamer trooper to the base - and yeah, it's easy to counter - but the opponent DOES have to counter it, you cann't leave them there.

And I guess the chemical warrior is supposed to link up with the tiberium missile - but they'll need more health to let them blitzkrieg in and do that effectively.  And they give some holding power on the Missile platforms - but like, if it were like OG C&C you could make them force fire - have them constantly spraying a platform - THAT would be BA.  THAT could make them something special. (I know - won't happen)

They got nerfed... they need a new trick now to make them usable.

(edit - grammarz)

Message 4 of 7 (465 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
Good post @PremierVenoth,

Yea, I considered that option as well. If they kept spraying clouds that the enemy had to walk into that would be worth the extra tib cost. But implementing it would be difficult. The only thing that I could think of is when a chem unit that is stationary sees an enemy infantry unit at 2 range it immediately starts spraying the tile between them creating the cloud. Concerns would be having them spray a friendly unit if you positioned yourself behind one.

Otherwise, and like you noted, the only difference is in the interaction between catalyst missile, but that cost should be reflected in the missile itself, not the unit.
Message 5 of 7 (454 Views)

★★★ Guide

Yeah - the constant cloud is unwieldy, at best.

They don't leave a cloud behind when they die, right?  That might be worth something, especially if it lingers for a while.

For fun and madness if enemy troops killed by a chemical warrior had a chance to turn into to Baby Viceroid that slowly made their way to the enemy base that would be great.  I would take that - even with only a 10% chance.  Just decent HP, low DPS, tanky infantry thing sloughing its way over - should attack your units too if they get close.

Won't happen - would be entertaining tho.

Message 6 of 7 (447 Views)

★★★ Newbie

EA is reading these posts?

As for me, too much possibles is not what it could help.
the current effects of the unit are even perfect and there no need change in them, but they are too weak for dmg, so the best solution would be to stabilize this or reduce construction costs.
If this will be developed in terms (how you want) of the capabilities of this unit it will also have to be changed buggies, which is why it is beyond the possibilities.
(But can dream about it, ideas is interesting) Wink

Message 7 of 7 (437 Views)