Re: Cheaters are growing and growing up!

by Iron_Guard8

Original Post

Cheaters are growing and growing up!

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Last time when i played, on Moon Base Z, appeared not 1 or even 2... but even three cheaters on same map, was awfully, i did a video clip uploaded it on YouTube, better proof than a video clip can't be, and since EA doesn't ban them, even that they had been properly reported, i really hope and would please the admins of this forum to not edit my post, or delete my link from YT, i want every player here to know the cheaters names and to be aware of them once they face in same map, also i wont write name here in text since isn't allowed, they can be seen in the video clip. Also another please to EA devs, mods, and whoever gonna watch the clip, can you at least try to ban these cheaters ? They're ruining this lovely game step by step if you don't do nothing about them, i'm pretty sure the game wont last that much, this is happening almost every late night on PC platform EU server, i have more clips, and i'll do them always when i'd see cheater, so here's the link, hope would stay longer than few hours

[links removed, please don't name and shame on the forums]

the second clip which is 50 mins long, but you can skip parts who wants, i recommend watching it whole, but is up to you, anyway that's it, till i met new cheaters and decide to record them Wink

Message 1 of 26 (1,621 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Unfortunately this is a big issue.  Apparently a lot of issues on Apex too.  They cannot say anything at this time.  Information could actually help the hackers.  We’re either going to have to weather the storm, or just keep getting rained on.

Message 2 of 26 (1,597 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

I've seen this on Reddit although I've not seen one in a match personally, I don't doubt this is a serious problem. Seeing people playing as Sasquatch, summoning gargantuars from dirt piles, flying around as pirates, none of this helps the game at all. Please PopCap and EA, do something about this!

Message 3 of 26 (1,555 Views)

https://twitter.com/slaker/status/1123744372577665024?s=21

"Anyone caught playing as an invalid character in PVP will be permanently banned. This is not okay and ruins the experience of others."

Message 4 of 26 (1,453 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

A positive move... hope it helps :D

Message 5 of 26 (1,442 Views)

★★★ Guide
yes very good news, hope it would have results, as just few hours ago a ''new'' cheater appeared, made clip and pics for any case. But honestly i'm glad to read that from Shaun Laker, there's still hope good to know Standard smile
Message 6 of 26 (1,411 Views)

★ Guide

@AceB011  They're certainly able to just switch names, accounts and everything, cause they are hackers, so they stick to their job description. They've done it for years and gathered lots of work experience. Teeth bared

Hackers bloomed already in GW1 (as others told me; didn't play it myself for a long time, cause I bought both games at almost the same time), and it never really stopped. I don't know the "kind" of hacks there, but I guess these people will find their ways, just to annoy others all the more.

Anyway, it would be more than good if someone would get deleted or "banned" right away in order to show a "sign" of good will for the greater gaming community and dislike for the hackers who destroy the gaming fun. If the deleting would work on a fast basis (but pandareno1999, for example, mentioned elsewhere that it might not be that easy for all the bureaucracy involved), that would be a good move... Let's hope. And also hope that GW3 will NOT be an online-multiplayer-only game, because that would be a no go for me and several of my friends. You couldn't even retreat then to private mode with your friends or to solo game, cause you'd always have the extremely good players, the AFK ones, the hackers and the hectic. Plus the lag on PC servers might even have more impact, if everyone's in multiplayer all the time. Devil

Still: Let's hope! Angel I'm all for doing something about online cheaters. Hacking, aimbots and the like are so unfair. Very young players will feel even more bad about that and maybe parents won't let them play again because of the frustration hackers cause.

Message 7 of 26 (1,396 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

I encountered my first obvious cheater in a match Saturday while getting multiplayer quests done. I jumped into a match and someone on the zombie team was playing as a brothers gnomus. Screenshots in Origin are spotty so I wasn't able to get it captured but this needs to be taken care of. I mentioned it on Reddit too. 

I've always been supportive of the game(s) as I love shooters and the PvZ IP is a personal favorite but this is so blatant that it has to be squashed, so I have to hammer at this until it's fixed. It's imperative that something is done about this. 

Message 8 of 26 (1,324 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

PC games are full of cheaters. That's why I stick to consoles. And some of you want crossplay, maybe for Xbox/PS4/Switch but don't ever include PC.

Message 9 of 26 (1,274 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@agentevil007 

I fear, us PC players will soon be considered some "endangered species". I never played on anything but PC, and I'd like to continue that way. Cheaters won't change that (and maybe maybe GW3 will have a better system of tracking them down), so dinosaurs like me still hope to find other players on PC who aren't cheaters. :eahigh_file:

We didn't encounter anything suspicious in the last portal event (the endless gnome bomb gameplay itself being evil enough, lol), but on normal multiplayer, my friend still gets the creeps as soon as he hears a goat sound from afar.

Last weekend we met a very weird and mutated torchwood who was able to dig into the earth like a chomper and just looked very "wrong". He/it didn't do much or any damage, though, and was only in game for a very short time.

Message 10 of 26 (1,255 Views)