Re: Characters balancing features

by Hit_and_Score

Original Post

★ Guide

Buddy, it is not a glitch because the characters in question DO NOT have the ability to shoot through the wall and/or cover point and make contact with an opposing player without having to expose themselves... What you are struggling with is a FUNDAMENTAL third person shooter mechanic that has absolutely nothing to do with glitching, therefore you've decided to simply label it as a "glitch", likely because you have limited high level experience on multiple third person shooters.

Don't take this as bragging, but I (for one) have had extensive world class experience on a wide variety of third person shooters, everywhere from the entire Gears of War saga, to SOCOM US Navy Seals, to dog fighting games... And SOCOM, for the record, was one of the first modern day online competitive titles released on home entertainment consoles; a game in which I purchased and played (extensively) from a day 1 purchase after pre-ordering on the Playstation 2.

Granted, Garden Warfare 2 is going to DIFFER from other third person shooters because it features a complex class based system with well over 100 selectable classes; some of these characters potentially having different firing angles. Some third person shooters feature shots coming out from the center of the screen, and some of them do not. Some third person shooters may have shots come out from different angles depending on what type of "ready" position a characters weapon is in. A good example is a game that has 3 different "states" of weapon position availability, whereas I believe Garden Warfare just has two states (the blindfire and aiming down sight methods).

But to suggest that people taking advantage of the dominant firing angle on a third person shooter, which is using the extra spacing on the right hand side of your character as an advantage on certain firing set ups, is glitching, is ridiculous.

Message 101 of 144 (498 Views)

★ Apprentice

Its just one thing for scattercannon and also flame blast. Keep it similar to sharkbites shotgun basically. I just think thats better.
And its only hard to approach because im really pro with him. Any other cannon is pretty much an easy kill except for a select few people. 

Message 102 of 144 (496 Views)

★ Guide

@Hit_and_Score

Rapcorist is (currently) #1 Ranked on the Zombies multiplayer leaderboard, but about 3rd or 4th overall, when taking into the account the fusion of the two overall Plants and Zombies leaderboards... Granted, he is not an overall #1 rank, but he is still very consistent and good, so he definitely knows what he's talking about... In fact, I suspect that the top 2 people on the Plants leaderboard may be somewhat fraudulent, having well over 100 thousand kills and I virtually NEVER see them online. So he may very well be the (overall) #1 rank on PS4, or at least approaching it.

I've also already been aware that you are something like top 20 on one of them Hit and Score, but you seem to be unaware of how fundamental third person shooter mechanics work across the board (and on other top titles). Granted, I genuinely believe that if the PVZ developers want a better, (potentially) tournament worthy, and more balanced game, they can't budge with every piece of criticism that uninformed players throw at them, but Rapcorist is the very last person to exclude as having a relevant opinion on balancing.

But to be fair, the best way to balance the game to the most elite possible way in the world (in my opinion and if developers thought necessary), the game would need to broken down using concrete scientific and exact mathematical methods, which I understand how to do, but don't feel like explaining right now because they are simply too detailed... And quite frankly, I would rather be paid for an assignment like that, rather than just give free hand outs.

Message 103 of 144 (489 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@IIINCORRUPTIBLE Head glitching is what it's called. I didn't invent the term and it IS a glitch, because you can also fire through obstacles that way. Use the Sunflower in Azia and root at the stairs right behind the garden and you'll see your Sunbeam piercing through the floor. 

Message 104 of 144 (485 Views)

★ Guide

Being able to use the Sunflowers Sun Beam through the floor on a certain level isn't the same thing as what you've described earlier... I have never seen anyone (consistently) be able to shoot through the wall using characters that have their weapons positioned on their right side... In fact, I could go on stream with the Citron right now and try to shoot through the wall (in multiple areas) and it wouldn't work...

Message 105 of 144 (477 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

@IIINCORRUPTIBLEI am at the 11th place on the plant side actually on PS4 and your comment is completely ludicrous. @rapcorist may be saying whatever he wants because he's biased and wants to wreck everyone with his favorite OP character and feel good about himself. Just because he is first doesn't mean his opinion is sensible or even objective.

Rose is my favorite character. I have 180+ hours with the class. I LOVE her. But at least I have the balls to admit that she is OP (the default variant mostly) and the decency to not take advantage of the community's ignorance to ask for unjustified buffs.

You say you have "world class" experience in shooters and yet you don't even know what head glitching means and you accuse me of not having basic knowledge for using a widely accepted term that I didn't even invent. 

EDIT: Being able to shoot while hiding your hurtbox is called head glitching and it's considered stupid and cheap, whether you like it or not. Period. 

Message 106 of 144 (476 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Aside from this very situational Sunflower issue you just described, and I say that because you are completely modifying your argument and point, I can test out Captain Canon right this second to see if he consistently shoots through walls on the right angle...

Message 107 of 144 (474 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Oh my freaking God bro... I just repeatedly tested it with Captain Canon, and it has absolutely nothing to do with a glitch. Don't change your argument from one character to the next, because I am extraordinarily aware that PVZ has glitches and bugs across the board, but you are LITERALLY confusing a fundamental third person shooter mechanic with a glitch, and it is simply NOT a glitch with Captain Canon.

As far as the Flower goes, yes, I've seen very rare situations where the Sunbeam might LOOK like it is slightly going through a wall (but might not actually be doing so), yet that is not the same thing as what you're talking about with Captain Canon and firing from behind cover on a right angle... It's just not, buddy.

Message 108 of 144 (469 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Here's some exact mathematical data for you:

I just measured the exact distance from the left hand side of my TV screen to the left hand side of Iron Citron's body and it is about 4 inches in his stationary state (when not taunting and/or moving).

The distance from the right hand side of his body to the right hand side of my TV screen is about 17 1/2 or 18 inches in Citron's stationary state (when not taunting and/or moving).

So that means that science and exact mathematics FAVOR players to take cover while being able to see on the right hand side of Citron's body, especially since his weapon fires from that location. This is NOT called "head glitching", it is NOT a "glitch" by any definition of the term, and it would only be considered cheap by people who don't understand what they're talking about... On the same token, people who consider the idea of taking cover to be "cheap" (in a third person shooting game) would probably rather a player on the opposing team simply stand in front of their shots instead...

Once again, we are dealing with FUNDAMENTAL third person shooter mechanics; nothing more. Does Garden Warfare have bugs and glitches? Absolutely. But what you're describing with Citron and Captain Canon isn't one of them...

Message 109 of 144 (450 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

@IIINCORRUPTIBLEYeah ok whatever. I guess @rapcorist himself admitting it's possible means nothing to you too. What are your credentials again? Oh yeah, your "world class" experience and imaginary 147 kill world record... 

EDIT: And I've told you a million times I DIDN'T INVENT THE TERM FOR IT, THAT'S WHAT IT'S CALLED. Jesus people, READ for god's sake.

Message 110 of 144 (444 Views)