Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: Characters balancing features

by Hit_and_Score
Reply

Original Post

Highlighted

Re: Characters balancing features

★★★★ Novice

The scattercannon and flame blast need a buff.  I agree that 1 shot for each ammo is good to compensate for their weak power and fire rate respectively.

Message 81 of 144 (362 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Characters balancing features

★ Guide

I said no more nerfs to the rose class. Your idea of increasing her hitbox, and reducing her ammunition count from 30 to 25 is the wrong way to go, especially in solo play.

 

What she needs is her base health raised from 100 to around 120 or so; an acceptable level, especially in solo play. Her once superior homing ability should be brought back so that the AI rose can stand a much more favourable chance, especially in solo play sessions like team vanquish, vanquish confirmed, gnome bomb and suburbination.

Message 82 of 144 (350 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Characters balancing features

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@rapcoristJesus man... Jesus... You know pretty well that Rose doesn't struggle against scientists unless they actively target her (in which case every plant character struggles) and you also know that Captain Cannon doesn't need any buffs. It's ok to want your favorite character to be top tier, but you are asking for an already OP character to become even stronger and you are using the community's ignorance as a stepping stone to achieve that, which is not ok.

Message 83 of 144 (334 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Characters balancing features

★ Apprentice

You can yell all you want, but you are either not as experienced as you think, or you are just biased. No Rose variant is in need of buffs at the moment, except Party Rose, and in fact Frost Rose is the most balanced one. Default Rose is easily the first or second most powerful plant in the game (on consoles at least).

Message 84 of 144 (331 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Characters balancing features

★★★★★ Guide

@Hit_and_Score

I disagree that you're comparing default Rose to other plants.

 

Why not compare her to the strongest zombie and then decide if one needs a buff?

Message 85 of 144 (325 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Characters balancing features

★ Apprentice

I doubt there are more than 10 players in the world that know how to abuse Captain Cannon to his full potential. Him and Sharkbite are the only characters that can truly give Rose any trouble and that's mostly because they can headglitch, while staying out of her homing range.

Message 86 of 144 (321 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Characters balancing features

★★★★★ Apprentice

@FelipeGames2000 wrote:

 

Shadow Flower: I just don't see a big difference between her fire rate compared to other Sunflowers.


It's not just about the firing rate. She also deals more damage compared to stock.

 


@FelipeGames2000 wrote:

Frost Rose: Damage nerf: She is considered strong with this massive damage. Freezing buff: With the damage nerf, she would return to the state when she was useless. 150 health: Because the freezing buff may not be enough and because she is made of Hard Ice, making her health bigger. Ammo... she already use less ammo on charged attacks. I will remove that. And I can't see why I would decrease her firing rate.

 


 

Rose already has many abilities that render her foes near useless, and make them easy targets for her and the rest of the Plant team. Frost Rose expands on that with an over-the-top firing and freeze rate.

 


@FelipeGames2000 wrote:

 

Frozen Citron: I am pretty much sure that, with his damage decreased (8 => 6) would make him the 3rd less played Citron in the game. So the Overheat buffs... well... you're right. I must add the optional tag on him... and maybe add the same buff on Goalie Star (but also tagged with optional).


I was perfectly okay with this Citron before. Then came along Trouble in Zombopolis: Part One, grating his laser about another 2.5 seconds of constant firing before overheating.

 


@FelipeGames2000 wrote:

 

Camo Ranger: ... is that an "yes, please" or a "NONONONONONO HEISFINERIGHTNOWSTOPTRYINGTOMAKEHIMOP"?


I, myself, personally like the guy. I'm just not sure how penetration shots would work for him.

 


@FelipeGames2000 wrote:

 

Tennis Star: Overused because of his speed. And with his 200 health, he is a bit stronger than intended.


His lower damage output doesn't exactly work well with the whole "full speed when reved up" thing for me. I am just suggesting a slight decrease in speed while reved with a little more damage.

 


@FelipeGames2000 wrote:

 

Rugby Star: His intention is to deal more damage than the other All-Stars.


I'm pretty sure that the close range damage you listed is the damage of TWO of his shots. He hits for as much damage as the default All-Star, with an added 5 for splash.

 


@FelipeGames2000 wrote:

 

Golf Star: His intention is to be a "sniper All-Star". And he has a bigger firing rate than Baseball Star and Rockey Star, who are were supposed to be the All-Stars with bigger firing rate.


First off: Hockey has the fastest firing rate, not Golf. Second, who actually tries to snipe with this guy, or any All-Star in general?

 


@FelipeGames2000 wrote:

 

Cozmic Brainz: I think that 20 is already terrible. 15 or less is basically the same as attempt to do a suicidal attack. But increasing the 2nd and 3rd chage damage... I have to think about what you said.


Cozmic Brainz is personally my favorite character in the entire game. He has a lot to offer that other Super Heroes don't, including an effective ranged attack, a charge punch to make Plants unrevivable, and overall, he's just fun. My problem with his fists is that most people don't acknowledge that the charge exists, and never use it. Besides, spamming punches does result in more damage than actually using the charge.

 


@FelipeGames2000 wrote:

 

Pylon Imp: It's what everyone says. Pylon Imp health buff is more of a discussion rather then a balancing change. Cones normally represent more health in the PvZ series and not more speed and damage and less health. I just would like to see how people react to that. And I can't simply agree with a PvZ game to not follow the PvZ logic.


I thought the same thing, only instead of buffing his health, reducing all the other Imp's health.

 


@FelipeGames2000 wrote:

 

Scattershot buffs: I never said that. I just said that the Scattershot damage should be increased to match the 2 ammo lost. Either that, or decrease the ammo used on short ranged attacks (2 => 1)


Either way, that's still buffing the scattershot. The Pirate is intended to be a sniper, not a close ranged fighter.

 


@FelipeGames2000 wrote:

 

Captain Flameface: I think that Flameface is already strong with his firing rate. Maybe because I am good with him.


He once had the same scope firing rate as Deadbeard. It's now, say... 20% slower.

 


@FelipeGames2000 wrote:

 

Stinky Goat: Even goatfied, the zombie still have good chances to kill the Rose who done that. By decreasing his damage, I made him weaker, so increasing the speed and the knockback will make things easier to both sides.


Still, 10 damage? A goat only has enough time for two attacks, they're useless enough as it is, and I feel that the knockback and speed provided are completely fine.

Message 87 of 144 (312 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Characters balancing features

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@Hit_and_Score

Oh really? Then how about this:

 

Rose:

Decrease health (100 => 1)

Decrease damage (8 => 0)

Decrease speed

Disables Homing

Disables her ability to build teleporters

 

Party Rose:

Increase health (100 => 2000)

Increase damage (7 => 1050)

Increase Speed

Increase homing to be able to track any zombie on the map

 

 

Is this what you wanted? No? It's because it's basically what you're talking about. If you think that you can do a better list than me, than make your own post. I bet that most of people will complain about your changes you idiot. > : (

Message 88 of 144 (299 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Characters balancing features

★ Apprentice

And the point of this bickering is?

 @FelipeGames2000

 

Image result for police meme

 

 

Message 89 of 144 (286 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Characters balancing features

★ Apprentice

@FelipeGames2000 How about no buffs or nerfs at all for Rose?

Message 90 of 144 (270 Views)
Twitter Stream