Re: Characters balancing features

by Hit_and_Score

Original Post

★★★ Apprentice

Well you are wrong. I don't know what else to say to you, since you'll probably have to play against good Roses to believe it. It's common for inexperienced players to think that Rose and her variants are not that good, but the truth is all of them, barring Party Rose, are borderline OP. 

Message 71 of 144 (598 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@Hit_and_Score

[EDIT: Ly off the allcaps rage posts. You can disagree while being civil]

Message 72 of 144 (583 Views)

★ Apprentice

bro what level are you even? just energy warp next to a rose and watch them struggle as a scientist. 
Better yet, be astronaut and make them suffer even more. they cant do * at far and melee distance.
You just suck at countering roses. 

Message 73 of 144 (572 Views)

That escalated quickly.

Message 74 of 144 (571 Views)

★ Guide

Commando Pea: Agreed, a very underpowered and underrated character.

Agent Pea: I thought more of increasing health but decreasing bodyshot damage.

Rock Pea: Nah, maybe a slight impact damage buff.

Shadow Flower: So you want a character that is already a direct upgrade to stock to be buffed?

Chomp Thing: Yes, but then he would need some other nerfs to counter that, along with the ever so fast regeneration he has.

Unicorn Chomper: The farther warping would be nice.

Camo Cactus: How would that work, exactly?

Kernel Corn: 40 would be for the better, along with a damage nerf.

BBQ Corn: NO, GOD! NO, GOD PLEASE NO.

Mob Cob: I was thinking... 30 ammo (because of the already slower firing), more damage, and armor piercing.

Party Corn: Yes, along with an ammo increase.

Rose stats: Yes to more health, with an increase in hitbox size.

Rose: Decrease ammo to 20, as well.

Druid Rose: Yes, please.

Frost Rose: No instant freeze or move speed buffs, less harsh damage nerfs, make up your mind on how much health this thing should have, don't increase ammo, and decrease the firing rate.

Fire Rose: No buffs needed here besides the full charge damage increase, slightly, and please just keep health to 125.

Party Rose: 20 ammo, then we'll talk.

Iron Citron: Finally a guy who gets me.

Frozen Citron: See BBQ Corn reaction.

Party Citron: Fine with me, if the developers could somehow get that to work.

Peel Shield: So Citron has 200 health, a massively powerful laser that almost never overheats, a cheap stun ability, the ability to escape from a bad situation with ease, and you're suggesting his shield needs buffing?

Torchwood: I wouldn't know, I have been cursed by the guardians of the keys.

Camo Ranger: Pass.

Tank Commander: Maybe if you decrease the impact damage to equalize with the splash, it would work.

Scuba Soldier: Too weak.

Painter: Along with firing speed.

Plumber: More like "remove splash damage falloff."

Sanitation Expert: Why didn't anyone think of this before?

Archaeologist: Yes. Yes. So much yes.

Rugby Star: ...I don't think Rugby does that much damage...

Wrestling Star: ...That's a little much, don't you think?

Golf Star: Uh, no.

Tennis Star: Same with Golf.

Electro Brainz: Shocking that no one though of this one sooner, either.

Cozmic Brainz: Weaken the uncharged punch and buff the full charged more.

Party Brainz: Still doesn't fix the fact that he does LESS damage than stock with fists, even with Party Time.

Upgradeable Mechs: ...I'll pass.

Pylon Imp: Probably the strangest part of this list. Never in a lifetime would I agree to an Imp with 100 health.

Party Imp: If anything, stock should have as much ammo as he does.

Scattershot buffs: So you want to turn the Zombie's sniper into another variant of the Chemist.

Captain Deadbeard: No.

Captain Flameface: Rather, increase his scope firing speed.

Captain Cannon: Unnecessary.

Captain Partyman: Why were Party characters nerfed, again?

Hover Goat-3000: Still wouldn't know, still cursed by the guardians of the keys.

Stinky Goat: Needs more damage.

Disco Chomper and Computer Scientist: Let me tell you... They are not going through the greatest of times.

Overall, I'd say you did a good job here and there, but stepped out of line at times.

Message 75 of 144 (561 Views)

★★ Guide

@rapcorist That's what I'm trying to tell him!

@pandareno1999 wat r u talkin about m8?

Message 76 of 144 (542 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

I'll just leave this here: Police officer Disappointed Police officer

FelipeGames2000 wrote:

@Hit_and_Score

[removed]

Message 77 of 144 (532 Views)

★★ Guide

@Superjesse124

Commando Pea: I know

Agent Pea: Well, I think that he fits more as a "sniper Peashooter" because he deals more damage at headshots and because his health is lower than other Peashooters 

Rock Pea: I just wanted to make Rock Pea to knock back enemies because the Primal Peashooter (PvZ 2) also knock back enemies with rocks...

Shadow Flower: I just don't see a big difference between her fire rate compared to other Sunflowers.

Chomp Thing: Even with the health regeneration buff and the extra health he recieved, nobody really likes him yet. I think that he would be loved by people if his damage was increased.

Unicorn Chomp: Increased because it was weaker than the Scientist's Warp ability

Camo Cactus: Aiming = 30 damage/60 critical. Not aiming = 45 damage/90 critical. Camo Cactus is very useless at close range compared to most of the other classes and variants. A small damage buff  at close distance would be great.

Kernel Corn: Ok.

BBQ Corn: Why not? He may be OP, but only 5 ammo is almost nothing... I guess... by the way, he is tagged with optional. That means, PopCap doesn't need to implement that

Mob Cob: ... Well... you're right. 40 is still too much. But I think that 30 is a bit... exaggerated ammo nerf. Decrease to 35 would be perfect.

Rose Stat: OMG! I FORGET TO INCREASE HER HITBOX!

Rose: Now that you told me that, I think that 30 is a bit too much. But I disagree with nerfing her ammo back to 20. Maybe 25 would be...

Druid Rose: Standard smile

Frost Rose: Damage nerf: She is considered strong with this massive damage. Freezing buff: With the damage nerf, she would return to the state when she was useless. 150 health: Because the freezing buff may not be enough and because she is made of Hard Ice, making her health bigger. Ammo... she already use less ammo on charged attacks. I will remove that. And I can't see why I would decrease her firing rate.

Fire Rose: Since she was nerfed and Frost Rose was buffed, literally became worse than Party Rose. And keeping her health to 100 is to balance her, because, with the damage changes that I made, SHE WOULD BECOME A GOD!!! lol  By the way, I see her as the Rose variant with the largest ammount of damage.

Party Rose: 25 ammo, is that enough?

Iron Citron: XD

Frozen Citron: I am pretty much sure that, with his damage decreased (8 => 6) would make him the 3rd less played Citron in the game. So the Overheat buffs... well... you're right. I must add the optional tag on him... and maybe add the same buff on Goalie Star (but also tagged with optional).

Party Citron: Thanks m8.

Peel Shield: Today, this shield is a bit weak. A small resistance buff can make it stronger.

Torchwood: Decreasing his speed so people may stop complaining about him. -_-

Camo Ranger: ... is that an "yes, please" or a "NONONONONONO HEISFINERIGHTNOWSTOPTRYINGTOMAKEHIMOP"?

Tank Commander: I just want to make him stronger than Scuba Soldier...

Scuba Soldier: Yeah. 35 may be a big differece, but with the bigger splash radius and the ability to show the enemy to your allies is the cost to decrease his damage.

Painter: Ok.

Plumber: Basically.

Sanitation Expert: He already had an toxic aura on GW1. It was just removed on GW2 for some reason.

Archeologist: :D

Rugby Star: His intention is to deal more damage than the other All-Stars.

Wrestling Star: Basically, same as Rugby Star, but with lower damage at long/medium rangs and bigger damage at short range.

Golf Star: His intention is to be a "sniper All-Star". And he has a bigger firing rate than Baseball Star and Rockey Star, who are were supposed to be the All-Stars with bigger firing rate. Decreasing his health and his firing rate, but increasing his zooming would make him "properly playable"

Tennis Star: Overused because of his speed. And with his 200 health, he is a bit stronger than intended.

Electro Brainz: Yup. Really shocking. *ba dum tss*

Cozmic Brainz: I think that 20 is already terrible. 15 or less is basically the same as attempt to do a suicidal attack. But increasing the 2nd and 3rd chage damage... I have to think about what you said.

Party Brainz: When he's in Party Time!, he deals the same damage as the stock variant using the damage upgrade. How do I know that? I tested it.

Upgradeable Mechs: see Camo Ranger answer (lol)

Pylon Imp: It's what everyone says. Pylon Imp health buff is more of a discussion rather then a balancing change. Cones normally represent more health in the PvZ series and not more speed and damage and less health. I just would like to see how people react to that. And I can't simply agree with a PvZ game to not follow the PvZ logic.

Party Imp: Either decrease Party Imp ammo or increase stock Imp ammo.

Scattershot buffs: I never said that. I just said that the Scattershot damage should be increased to match the 2 ammo lost. Either that, or decrease the ammo used on short ranged attacks (2 => 1)

Captain Deadbeard: Frown ok

Captain Flameface: I think that Flameface is already strong with his firing rate. Maybe because I am good with him.

Captain Cannon: Frown you're right. But I still think that his short range damage should deal more damage.

Captain Partyman: IDK neither.

Hover Goat-3000: I didn't had the chance to test him. But he will keep on the list until I see if he's good or not.

Stinky Goat: Even goatfied, the zombie still have good chances to kill the Rose who done that. By decreasing his damage, I made him weaker, so increasing the speed and the knockback will make things easier to both sides.

Disco Chomper and Computer Scientist: Oh really? Ok then.

"Overall, I'd say you did a good job here and there, but stepped out of line at times."

Thanks m8! Standard smile

Message 78 of 144 (533 Views)

★★ Guide

@IcedMagician427 W-Wait, w-what? B-But I... I... I'M SORRY! IT WASN'T INTENTIONAL! I-I HAD A BAD DAY AND THIS GUY JUST KEPT CALLING ME AN UNEXPERIENCED P-PLAYER AND... AND... pls don't report me ;-;

Message 79 of 144 (532 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@FelipeGames2000 Zipped lips I'll  never talk.....to the Man. Wink

Message 80 of 144 (529 Views)